Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Sorry for the low quality.

Saw it at the grocery store, looks almost as good as my Focus!

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
967 Posts
I didn't even know they made Cruze in hatchback - never seen one.

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
ive seen the cruze HB in other colours and it looks better, esp in lighter colours.. .however, i still prefer the focus.. it's more dynamic in its design...in all colours

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks for posting the pix! I wonder - Is that Cruze HB even available in the USA?
I don't think it is, it should be though... looks much better than the sedan IMO.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
588 Posts

·
Rubber Side Down
2,415 Posts
The Focus has far superior lines.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Nice comparison pics! The Cruze hatch looks wayyy better than the Cruze sedan. It also looks like it would benefit more from some vortex generators than the tiny spoiler they stuck on it. If the Cruze hatch was available for US, then there might have actually been a contender for me to look at to go against the focus.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
If the Cruze hatch was available for US, then there might have actually been a contender for me to look at to go against the focus.
Being sedan only kept the Cruze out of contention for me too, I liked the idea of a turbo+6 speed manual... but not enough to get a sedan.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
117 Posts
That Chevy logo in the middle kills it for me.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I also think the Focus looks much better. I have a Masters Degree in Fine Arts, have studied visual design and give a lot of thought to visual styling, that's what drew me to the Focus.

*From the side the Cruz front end drops off too flat and square which makes it looks blocky. The Focus curves down which gives it a more aerodynamic appearance.
*On the Cruz, the window in front of the C-pillar is square and stops the flow of the body lines. The Focus' window directs the eye down the curve of the hatch. From the side the Cruz's spoiler looks incomplete.
*Everything on the Cruz front end to too big. The grille isn't integrated into the front end styling and looks like a black square block. The headlights are too big and dominate the appearance of the front end. The Focus front end is more rally like with the black area taking your eye past the bumper to the ground. The Focus headlights are narrower and curve better towards the front center of the car, there's no break in the visual flow.
*The rear end is again too square on the Cruz, it doesn't complete the flow of the car and the spoiler looks even worse from the back. It doesn't appear big enough to be doing anything and looks chopped off. The lines on the Focus direct the eye inward to the center of the hatch, not an abrupt stop out at the edges.

·
Registered
297 Posts
I didn't even consider the Cruze due to the trunk; hatches are just too handy. My gripe is that the Focus wagen won't make it to our side of the pond. Wagons aren't good sellers here, and maybe the GM execs figured that held for hatches too.
Moon

·
Registered
416 Posts
Thanks for posting the pix! I wonder - Is that Cruze HB even available in the USA?
It's the first Cruze HB I've seen too.

Nevertheless...still would pick the Focus hand's down.

·
Registered
416 Posts
Just to add, it seems to me the Focus just has more personality, maybe result of the lines, the grill, the overall shape.

Also, the spoiler(?) at the top of the Cruze back window looks snapped on and it doesn't appear to provide much function other than house the rear brake light. Yes, there's a lip at the top so it may divert the wind, but it allows too much glass to be seen (or something). Can't quite put my finger on it.

·
Registered
683 Posts
For me, it's Ford Focus all the way. IMO, the Cruze HB looks like a rushed afterthought in design.

[ffrocks]

·
Registered
4,328 Posts
Also, the spoiler(?) at the top of the Cruze back window looks snapped on and it doesn't appear to provide much function other than house the rear brake light. Yes, there's a lip at the top so it may divert the wind, but it allows too much glass to be seen (or something). Can't quite put my finger on it.
I agree - in fact, I think it would look better with no spoiler. It just doesn't flow... aesthetically, anyway. I also don't like the tail lights.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts