Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I finally got my built 2.0 Duratec to the track yesterday for some seat time. The combo is a 10.4:1 motor with meth injection and an HTA 3082R turbo. This was not my cleanest run of the day as I heated up the slicks too much and pulled a terrible 2.1 60'. The cleanest run was a 1.84 60' 12.51 @ 109mph on the lower boost setting.
The car has a lot more in it after I get everything lined out and get more seat time.
This is a huge turbo. I plan on experimenting with some smaller combos in the near future.

·
Registered
1,494 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
What kind of hp are you putting down?
How wide of a slick are you running?
It made 350whp at 5K RPM and had ignition issues above that which crushed the power. Still getting that worked out, but getting there. This is why I shifted at 7K instead of 8K where it should be shifted for this big turbo.
MT ET Drag 24.5x15x8. Definitely still learning the tire, heat, pressure, and launching a FWD.

·
Registered
1,269 Posts
Great first set of runs, nice baseline to build on. Datalog each run and add notes on your setup.

What kind of track doesnt require a helmet? You should wear one regardless, plus fire jacket.

Did you weigh the car?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts