Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well with 11 days left to Focus Rising 2011 the scramble is on! Saturday I just bought my second Focus (a well known Focus on the Jet, don't know how much it was posted on here) so I can finally start getting the bugs worked out on the race car and finish getting it ITS prepped and inspected for PHA. First pics of the new car with a list of mods that I can remember being listed.

And in its hay day at the first FR at Carlisle two years ago

Mods::
Full Euro rear end conversion wiring and everything
Euro locks all round (includes hood latch system and fuel door)
SVT gauges and center console
Tint
KYB AGX struts
FS front and rear strut bars
Manual sunroof (rare for Focus's to have)
ST170 head lights
full SVT exhaust system swap
EGR delete
Euro Side markers
Short Shifter
Custom two tone RS wing
there may be more but I don't know.

I don't plan much of anything for it, a new head unit maybe a small sound system overhaul. Maybe in a year or two I'll get an ST170 front bumper and finish the euro conversion. Prep wise I need to take care of a P0133 CEL, figure out if the rear brakes need replaced since they squeak, repaint the "Slipster mod" on the front bumper, touch up the corner that was fixed on the RS wing. And find a driver to drive it to Carlisle for me, unless the g/f feels she can step up to the plate and drive it the whole way. Shes learning pretty quickly so I think she might be able to do it if we go out a couple more times.

And here is the race car, which I know has mixed opinions about it and thats fine with me. If tried to please everyone other than myself I would one poor mother [:)][:)][:)][:)]er

As far as Carlisle prep for this car... wash and wax/polish car is ready to go. After Carlisle I'm going to start redoing the whole clutch system so I can finally take care of the river of brake fluid that has taken over my driver side floor pan. I've replaced 4 Master Cylinders and they just keep leaking so I'm going to get a Wilwood rebuildable master cylinder make a bracket and run new lines.

And for the low kiddies, I'm positive none of you have seen Project Hillclimb this low before. These are from when I had my Ksport Kontrol Pros with out the spring seats. I drove it like that for a week thinking it was handling better until I learned a tiny bit about suspension geometry. Still think it looked pretty bad ass though

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yeah this will be my third year at Carlisle

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
4 days later and Project Hillclimbs Euro brother gets a bath and some touch up work to the Slipster mod

the passenger side still needs touched up since it wasn't fully dry when I pealed the masking off. I may do it with a paintbrush though but it looks a lot better now. I also scrubbed all the bugs and bug juice off the bumper and cleaned up the euro plate.

·
Boost Addict
2,628 Posts
Yellow car looks great. But that hill climb project is sick. Really digging that exhaust setup.

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
Gotta say I really like the black moulding. Yeah brush that passenger side up and you won't even be able to tell.

·
Registered
492 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Sweet, whats the limit on posting it up for a nomination again? lol And seeing that picture reminds me it needs a tree for FR11 this year. Thanks for all the compliments guys! Also I got the CEL fixed on Slips focus, had to replace the front O2. Tomorrow hopefully I'll tackle the inside vacuum it and clean some stuff up. I'm thinking about putting in the brand new transmount that John gave me, and maybe doing the brakes all the way around since John gave me those as well.

If any of you are going to FR11 this year and want to see Project Hillclimb in action stick around Sunday and watch it Auto-X. Ataru may be a co-driver so it could go around with two different drivers this year. Also baggedse is going to get some video of the whole event and also of the Auto-x

1 - 13 of 13 Posts