Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to get my standard zetec to 11:1-12:1 compression. How can i achieve this? And please be specific.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Circle track race car. I was hoping not to have to buy the 800 dollar piston and rod combo. The engine is all apart right now and ready to go to the machine shop just need to know what to do and buy. I have a SVT header, 2K manifold, adjustable cam gears and bolt ons.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
And how much milling to get to that number? I was also planning to use the crower stage 3 cams and springs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Make sure you run the correct cams to match your compression and have enough duration to bleed off excess cyl pressure and make good power id degree your motor after you get it together to make sure it's 100%

·
FF Affiliate
30,627 Posts
Make sure you run the correct cams to match your compression and have enough duration to bleed off excess cyl pressure and make good power id degree your motor after you get it together to make sure it's 100%
To degree the engine will get you close but not spot on , putting it on the dyno is the only way to 100% set adjustable cam gears , much easier and cheaper then doing the degree wheel and then still having to go to the dyno

Tom

1 - 14 of 14 Posts