Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just like the title says. If you had a stock ford focus and had 10 k to spend on your car what would you spend it on.

·
Flipping Rockstar
16,788 Posts
Same thing I already did. Bought an 07 ST. Or, You could find a well taken care of SVT. In either case, You should have a few bucks left over.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
no it doesnt have to be a duratec. i was just thinking if i had 10 k what i would do.

I came up with the idea of just putting some into my current focus because i dont want no monthly payments anymore.

I dont know exactly what i will spend it on but i will make a build list later.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I think i am going to head into a turbo set up, suspension, wheels and maybe a few extra add on to the turbo set up. I would like to get 250-300 whp for 10 grand

·
slow
1,734 Posts
Depends on what the final goals of the car would be, assuming a duratec car...

-FSwerks turbo kit and related turbo extras, $4K
-Limited slip and clutch/flywheel upgrade, $1.3K
-Wheels and tires, $1.2K
-Suspension upgrades, coilovers, swaybars, bushings, $2K
-Spend remainder on second 2.3L engine and forged parts to swap into car at a later date

·
BACON?
3,170 Posts
pay off the loan 2.5k, build my engine, turbo, LSD, coil overs, brakes, poly bushings in the rear end, and engine mounts. Goal of at least 300hp.

edit: i need 4 tires soon, but that's a wild $160 for 4.

·
Registered
90 Posts
put said 10k into my mustang and make it faster than the focus could ever be with 10k. i win?

probably turbo, tune, and suspension the focus..

·
Registered
755 Posts
put said 10k into my mustang and make it faster than the focus could ever be with 10k. i win?
Oya lol cuz it has a bigger engine so dat means it will always be faster AMIRITE?

10k on my own car would probably mean Tom's 2.3 stroker (or maybe just a built 2.0), LSD, big boost tune & spray. AKA Mustang Muncher.

10k on a Duratec (assuming a stock one) would probably mean me penny pinching and going for a built 2.3 with whatever intercooled turbo kit I could buy/fab for the least money.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Honestly sell the Focus and get a new 5.0 Mustang.

For the person that has to do spend it on the Focus, a turbo kit would be on the top of the list.

·
Hatch Nation #136
2,043 Posts
Honestly sell the Focus and get a new 5.0 Mustang.

For the person that has to do spend it on the Focus, a turbo kit would be on the top of the list.
If I had wanted a Mustang, I would have bought a Mustang, not a Focus.

I would (and to be honest, am) spend 15k or more on getting presents for my car to make it exactly the Focus that I want. Not everyone that modifies their Focus is doing so because they secretly wish it was a muscle car.

·
Registered
40 Posts
Used light 17x8 wheels, good tires.
Coilovers
BBK & SS Brake lines
Fidanza flywheel
Ford Racing clutch
LSD
Poly bushings all around
F&R Sway bars
FSB
Intake
Throttle body
Cam
Knife edged crank
High compression pistons
Lightweight forged rods.
Titanium valve springs
SS valves
Heavy port job.
2.5" catless exhaust

Aaaand that's probably 10k.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
As in bulit engine are you guys talking about cams rods and pistons.

·
soon to be turbo!
5,728 Posts
Used light 17x8 wheels, good tires.
Coilovers
BBK & SS Brake lines
Fidanza flywheel
Ford Racing clutch
LSD
Poly bushings all around
F&R Sway bars
FSB
Intake
Throttle body
Cam
Knife edged crank
High compression pistons
Lightweight forged rods.
Titanium valve springs
SS valves
Heavy port job.
2.5" catless exhaust

Aaaand that's probably 10k.
guess again man

FR doesn't make a clutch for our engine and if they did it would suck.

A clutch masters stg 4 would be best (6 puck)

17x8 wheels? did you come off of the happy bus or something? those are going to cost him an arm, leg, and maybe another whole limb + the weight of them would be outrageous. your looking at almost 50 lbs per wheel & tire.

15x7.5 or 15.8 is best @ about 13 lbs per wheel and the car will accel, de accel, and stop faster. Tires on the other hand will vary by compound and size if he were to run Hoosier R6 (225/45 15) it would be 19 lbs oooorrrrrr a set of Hankook RS3 (same size) would be 22 lbs. So 32/35 lbs per wheel are a hell lot better than 50 lbs......yes?

The BBK is absolutely useless......why? 1. you'll pay a butt load for replacement parts like rotors + pads 2. The weight of them is just retarded 3. you HAVE to run bigger wheels and tires which will kill the performance.

Talk to a member by them name of Tom (tb1999) a few months ago he produced his own 4 piston brake system using Mazda rx7 calipers, From what he says they work just as good or better and cheaper than if you were to buy and aftermarket kit @ 2 grand.

As much as Tom (1turbofocus) and I have fought over the years i have to agree with him on this one

Built engine, Turbo kit , CM4 clutch is a good start.

I would also like to add a good set of wheels and tires with a good coilover system IMO Bilstein, Kw V3, H&R.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts