Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
I introduced myself in the newbie thread; twice often is best as they say.
Guillaume from Boise, ID who's been eyeing the SVT Focus for a while now.
First ride today in a 04 ZX3 SVT sonic blue. It's for sale at $8,995; highly negotiable with cash.

So what's the FF members' opinion on a 98k miles vehicle? The dealer just changed the clutch; I drove it, what a blast.. everything sounded and felt good.
Suspension, braking, steering, great handling, no surge, no leaks, I mean I really need another fix. A WRX without the turbo kick.
From the Carfax report I assumed they are mostly highway miles done in Florida. Car was repossessed (no payments?), do not know how it landed in Idaho.
Thank you, happy to be on that forum.

·
Dumbledore dies?!?!
3,123 Posts
Welcome to FF! It probably landed in Idaho through auction or dealer trading. But, my thoughts on a 98k car sounds great and should run great if it's been taken care of. I'd get some kind of receipt on the clutch tho. Just my .02

·
Infidel
3,307 Posts
[welcome]

The price is a bit high, but you said that it is highly negotiable.

I would also make sure that the timing belt has been changed. It's about due and the SVT engine is an interference engine.

I'd say $7500 tops.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thank you for the input.
good point on the timing belt. the dealer only knows about the work he has done, which is the clutch. The rest looks great. I was thinking $7k max.
so you've heard of SVT going with that many miles without too many problems?

I'm afraid to end up with tons of repairs one month after I drove off the lot.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
mine has 90,000 on it and i just replaced the clutch so that sounds about right. ive never had a problem with mine other than replacing the clutch. i paid 9k for mine about 2 years ago.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I had a boosted 02 SVTF, put 110k on it, and besides regular maintanence I only upgraded the clutch to Stage 2 with flywheel after blowing 2 OEMs, and replaced the rotors. Oh and the shift linkage (no likey 3rd gear 60mph dumps!). I only traded it for more power (teh Lightning). My dealership sent it to auction due to mileage, and I found the car at a side of the road dealership and after explaining it used to be mine, they were mad cool and let my take it out for a spin. Still solid!
Treat em right, they run tight. Dont let anybody tell you that you cant rack up miles on domestics. It's all how you maintain them.

·
Shot me 3 deer!!!
9,247 Posts
I still think that is a really high price, you should be around 6k w/ that, maybe less. I saw one in detroit w/ 80k on it w/ an advertissed price of 6995 and last time I checked (which was a yaer ago as I have moved) it was still there!!! Make a low low ball offer and work ur way up!!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts