Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just drove from ny to SC yesterday. I already had an appointment to have my coolant checked. The coolant is low but no leaks anywheres... also my transmission is slipping again. Had the clutch packs replaced 6k miles ago...car currently has 14k on it... so I get 700 miles from home and on the freeway it won't shift from 5th to 6th unless I let off the gas then reapply... also now at idle it shakes bad and wants to stall out but doesnt... the local dealership can't get my car in now...I leave to head home tomorrow... I called ford and they said don't drive the car??? Well I have to go home to work so I can't extended my PR trip... I told them I have to drive it back... was told if the car breaks down have it towed to the closest dealership...I will however have to fly the rest of the way home.. they said I would have to make arrangements to get the car in the event it breaks down??? Why the hell should I have to pay to travel to get it? It's a new car it should keep having these issues... but Ya [email protected]#k ford... they can keep it if it breaks down and I'll sell my 2010 f150 and get a better manufacturer... they should ship the car to me on their dime not mine...

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
G'luck Mike, that can happen & you aren't the first to have it along that route.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Well 2 tanks of gas later it's no longer trying to stall...hopefully I just got bad gas north Carolina
I'm glad to hear it's been resolved, Mazdamike0831. Should any of these symptoms reoccur, please let me know, along with your mileage.

Meagan

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Meagan.. the car goes in to service on the 12th because of the rough idle, transmission shaking again, and my low coolant...but at least it still isn't trying to stall

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dropped the car off at the dealership today. They called back in 2 hours for me to pick it up until the parts come in. They said the clutch packs are going bad again :-( . Also I asked about my coolant. They said no leaks found! Well were did it go?. They said , "we just topped it off." Were did it go in the first place? I think I want a Ford engineer to look at this car. I have currently 16,402 miles on it.. 2nd clutch pack and mysterious coolant leak... not happy FORD!!

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Thanks Meagan.. the car goes in to service on the 12th because of the rough idle, transmission shaking again, and my low coolant...but at least it still isn't trying to stall
Dropped the car off at the dealership today. They called back in 2 hours for me to pick it up until the parts come in. They said the clutch packs are going bad again :-( . Also I asked about my coolant. They said no leaks found! Well were did it go?. They said , "we just topped it off." Were did it go in the first place? I think I want a Ford engineer to look at this car. I have currently 16,402 miles on it.. 2nd clutch pack and mysterious coolant leak... not happy FORD!!
Thanks for the follow-ups!

Please send me a private message with your VIN, best daytime phone number, full name, and dealer name/location. I'll look into some options.

Meagan

·
Registered
5 Posts
In the same boat as you

I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one. My 14 focus is in the shop at least once every 2-3 for something. 1st windshield wipers that took over a week to find the problem, then the clutch, now the body control module, and in two months from now the clutch again because I can feel it starting to shudder again, but it is intermediate so will wait till it happens daily before fighting ford again. [?|]

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just wanted to let you know that you are not the only one. My 14 focus is in the shop at least once every 2-3 for something. 1st windshield wipers that took over a week to find the problem, then the clutch, now the body control module, and in two months from now the clutch again because I can feel it starting to shudder again, but it is intermediate so will wait till it happens daily before fighting ford again.
Oh ya I know. Sorry about your luck.. when we first got it ford had it more than we did. And I mean really they did. 45 days out of our first 4 or 5 months of owning it. Onto the next clutch pack(when it comes in, they had to order it).. strut bushing clunk 2xs.. mystery coolant t leak that they just keep adding more, ya cuz that fixes it! Lmao. I love my POS car. (Adam Sandler song) frustrating as hell. Only plus side is they give me MKZ'S to drive as loaners. Gets about 16mpgs but looks good doing it haha

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
Oh ya I know. Sorry about your luck.. when we first got it ford had it more than we did. And I mean really they did. 45 days out of our first 4 or 5 months of owning it. Onto the next clutch pack(when it comes in, they had to order it).. strut bushing clunk 2xs.. mystery coolant t leak that they just keep adding more, ya cuz that fixes it! Lmao. I love my POS car. (Adam Sandler song) frustrating as hell. Only plus side is they give me MKZ'S to drive as loaners. Gets about 16mpgs but looks good doing it haha
If you take a look to GM,Chrysler,Toyota,Lexus,Audi,Volks,BMW,Nissan,Honda,Acura,Mercedes,Hyundai,Kia,Subaru forums... they have a lot of complains (and lemons), in fact people register to forums to complain mostly...

I'm not defending Ford (far from it) but any car manufacturer sells lemons...

No products is perfect!

Take a look the the Nissan CVT and Honda CVT transmission complains... also the Wet DCT (DSG) from Volks... you'll see what I'm talking about

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I'm not expecting any new technology to be perfect. But for me to keep having to bring it in every 6 months for a service is kinda ridiculous. My wifes 2011 focus was traded in for this 1 at 56k miles, never once had any part fail.... Why you getting mad? This is my opinion on this POS dct..

·
Focus Preacher
3,417 Posts
I'm not expecting any new technology to be perfect. But for me to keep having to bring it in every 6 months for a service is kinda ridiculous. My wifes 2011 focus was traded in for this 1 at 56k miles, never once had any part fail.... Why you getting mad? This is my opinion on this POS dct..
No reason to be mad!
I was just trying to calm you down from your first post [:)]

I feel bad for you with your car!
Dealing with dealers is something we don't need in life especially after taking a car loan or shelling out a lot of money!

·
Registered
758 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
No reason to be mad!
I was just trying to calm you down from your first post

I feel bad for you with your car!
Dealing with dealers is something we don't need in life especially after taking a car loan or shelling out a lot of money!
Ya, sorry for being a dick.. it is very frustrating. I was a mechanic for 15 years at a dealership. Had a terrible accident with a garaged door falling on my arm. I no longer work, i got paid heavily for the accident. I am only keeping this car loan to build credit. I just wish it would be fixed properly. I can easily get something different but I'll still lose big time. Car depriciated so much since April 14.. I just did the st conversion .. plus my wife is on the ford [email protected]#k. Just bought her a 2010 f150. Just hoping it'll last longer than 8k miles this time..whenever the parts come in...fingers crossed

1 - 13 of 13 Posts