Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey all, Ford has a up to $1000 cash back on the Focus now. $500 Retail Customer Cash back if take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 1/3/2012. Plus the $500 if you use Ford Credit. My saleman point this out to my yesterday when I stopped by.

·
Registered
459 Posts
So that only applies if you buy a car off the lot?

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey all, Ford has a up to $1000 dollar cash back on the Focus now. $500 dollar Retail Customer Cash back if take new retail delivery from dealer stock by 1/3/2012. Plus the $500 dollar if you use Ford Credit. My saleman point this out to my yesterday when I stopped by.
this would be correct...just got back from the dealership!! forgot how much paperwork you had to sign...2012 red focus/blk interior...

·
Registered
154 Posts
$ vs. "dollars"

Just to let you know, when you use the dollar sign, you don't have to use the word dollars. That's like saying "a thousand dollars dollars". [:D]

·
Registered
36 Posts
So that only applies if you buy a car off the lot?
That's what I originally thought, but when I ordered my car from a dealer two weeks ago he specifically wrote down -$500 on the invoice (retail customer cash was $500 back then, at least where I live). I also discussed it with one of the salesman and he had never heard of the restriction that these incentives do not apply to cars built to order.

I suppose once the ordered car arrives, it enters dealer stock. Since you haven't actually bought it yet (just a deposit) you are purchasing it from dealer stock at that point and are eligible for the cash back.

·
Registered
70 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I ordered ours too and we are getting both discounts. Sould be picking it up on Monday. I quess it is all in how the dealer does the paperwork. We got x plan pricing without even getting a pin number.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Picked mine up today. The offers that say "from dealer's stock" did apply even though I ordered the car September 30th. I got $500 off from the brochure coupon, a $500 rebate and 0% financing.

That's what I originally thought, but when I ordered my car from a dealer two weeks ago he specifically wrote down -$500 on the invoice (retail customer cash was $500 back then, at least where I live). I also discussed it with one of the salesman and he had never heard of the restriction that these incentives do not apply to cars built to order.

I suppose once the ordered car arrives, it enters dealer stock. Since you haven't actually bought it yet (just a deposit) you are purchasing it from dealer stock at that point and are eligible for the cash back.

·
Registered
73 Posts
When I originally ordered in July, I had the $750 "private cash" rebate. The expiration of that rebate was before my ordered car came in however my dealer guaranteed I would get that discount regardless of when the car arrived. Since this "private cash" rebate seemed to be reduced to $500 by the time my car was delivered I suspect the dealer "ate" the $250 shortfall.

Even with additional discounts, I'm sure the dealer had enough cushion in their margin to deal with this so I am sure everyone came out OK.

FYI, since I did not finance, I was not eligible for the $500 from Ford Credit.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts