Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1341 - 1344 of 1344 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Focus Wagon
4 Posts
i just bought a sweet 2007 Focus wagon and now
has 113,500. only issue it had was a power steering
leak and a new $15 cap solved that issue...

·
Registered
03 ZTW
7 Posts
My 03 ZTW has had a few issues in the last 20k. Bought it with 80 and it has 103k now.

Overall it’s been a great car. Decent gas mileage and relatively fun to drive. Super usable. Cheap and easy to work on. Seems like everything that’s broke so far costs about $60-80 to fix each time.

THE ISSUES

Engine:
  • valve cover gasket leak allowed oil to foul up spark plugs. Car actually ran pretty good under these conditions (plugs, valve cover gasket)
  • thermostat housing broke but it was a hairline crack... Radiator hose went first - thinking the heat from running low on coolant busted the old hose. A few weeks later the thermostat housing broke (thermostat housing, upper radiator hose)
Electrical
  • rear brake lights were melting and I went through 3 bulbs and two taillights in a month. Then all my brake lights stopped working. Turned out it was a melted wire in the wagon hatch (two taillights, four taillight bulbs)
  • gauge cluster looses its reading for water temp, speed, and fuel every so often... still hunting this one down although apparently it might have something to do with wiring around the alternator
  • battery light comes on sporadically (I think this is related to the one above)
Body
- both rear window regulators broke... this happened on my old 02 wagon, too.

Suspension
- Front end links are broken (this happened on my first wagon, as well)

·
Registered
12 Posts
2007 SES ZX4 Sedan, 2.0 DOHC, automatic just under 136,000, had 129,000 when I bought it Christmas eve last December. Had to replace the abs pump and heater box because of sticking controls.

·
Registered
4 Posts
2012 SEL Hatchback Automatic - 183,000 miles
It now has a 2016 DPS6 and a fresh rear main seal. (The original DPS6 transmission and rear main seal made it 178,000 miles.)

1341 - 1344 of 1344 Posts