Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1321 - 1339 of 1339 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
2004 Ford Focus ZX3, 435000(+/-) , replaced suspension everything, replaced any rubber with polyurethane. Other normal stuff, as far as I know same clutch. Previous owner said he never did. Other than a cracked windshield I'm just doing some upgrades over time and as money let's me. Wanting to get xcal and tune from Tom once I get my SVT header install. Fun a** car.

·
Registered
31 Posts
2011 S sedan.
166,000 miles
original owner

Simple performance mods with K&N CIA, 2.5 Mandrel Exhaust, just now engaging TOM for a tune, and working towards EGR and PCV delete. other than that, i have to say i've been pleased with the simple maintenance she requires. and i can't say enough about how having hood struts helps me DIY

most recetly i've noticed my wearables are all wearing!
i've replaced the control arms (because ball joints are replaceable alone)
I've replaced the hub/stearing knuckles (because they say not to press in replacement bearings)
I've replaced the say bar links, FRPP strus (around 120) and only recently did my first brake job and first ATF and filter replacement.

·
Registered
6 Posts
2003 Ford Focus ZX5, 173000+ Normal maintenance plus a new clutch, but the old clutch was probably fine <sigh>. Either selling or going to start mods.

·
Registered
53 Posts
2004 ZTS 2.3L turned 170,000 yesterday. Only issue was one PSM and one pcv hose replaced sometime back.

Today the ignition cylinder failed.

·
Registered
13 Posts
2012 MK3 Titanium
Bone stock... Burns no oil... only replaced one wheel, two wheel bearings, one control arm, and right CV axle after my son took it sideways over a tall curb.

I gave it to him as his first car with 210K on it. I drive a 2015 FoST now it has 104K on it. I'm in sales and travel quite a bit...

·
Registered
893 Posts
120K+ miles. Replaced the passenger mount and an O2 sensor. Car still drives/looks like new.

2012 MK3 Titanium
Bone stock... Burns no oil... only replaced one wheel, two wheel bearings, one control arm, and right CV axle after my son took it sideways over a tall curb.
That's pretty freakin awesome.

·
Registered
13 Posts
saintsfins :

I keep the oil changed and run mobil one... It gets changed every 6000 miles. I rotate the tires at the same time.

I told my son when it finally gives up it will probably be catastrophic (rod thrown or something) from mechanical fatigue. We'll just pick up another low mileage motor and trans and drop into his ride. The body...interior and exterior are holding up very well.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I know there are a few around. Post up your model, year, motor, and mileage, and we can use this thread for high-mileage maintenance help and what not.. I'll start.

2000 ZX3 Kona
Zetec
127,900 miles
2001 ZX3 180K. Well maintained. Standard issues. 66 mile daily driver. 32mpg.
Headed to 300K if the Dearborn Gods agree...
Sundogjax

·
Registered
3 Posts
2006 SE ZX4 Automatic Replaced upper and lower control arms Throttle body Water pump Struts Power steering reservoir, alternator and engine mounts. Mobil 1 Synthetic change every 10,000 miles. Drive this car for work, anywhere from 400 to 800 miles/week. Never lets me down. Can park on a white concrete driveway, no drips to be seen. She has some rattles and such but everything works including a/c , heat, cruise, fan , power windows , power locks, power mirrors and rear defrost. 316,000+ miles. Hope I can make the 435,000 Foushoy has gotten out of his!

·
Registered
22 Posts
Well, it took 12 years to finally get here, 300,000kms (~180,000 miles). Car was in really, really nice shape and running very well, no oil use and maintained 100% by myself at home. This summer I rebuilt the entire rear suspension and just recently changed out the trans oil and other regular maintenance including rear brake shoes and so forth.

.Then, less than 24hrs later, the grandson got rear ended and pushed into the car in front of him. Not too bad in the rear and the front took the worst of the crunch as it slid under the bumper of the car it was pushed into. Shattered the plastic block that encases the hood latch, bent the upper rad support and slightly bowed in the a/c condenser. New parts should be here tomorrow and the rest of the broken pieces will have to come from the local Pick n' Pull. The guy that hit the Focus from behind immediately effed off and the grandson was in shock and unable to get the tag of the offending vehicle. The guy in front looked and said no damage to his car so he effed off as well. Grandson went to file a report at the local LEO detachment and they basically told him to eff off as well as he had no information for them to follow up on. He did file the report anyway and got a window repair sticker.

·
Registered
37 Posts
2012 MK3 Titanium

I gave it to him as his first car with 210K on it. I drive a 2015 FoST now it has 104K on it. I'm in sales and travel quite a bit...
Is it the DCT or 5-speed?

1321 - 1339 of 1339 Posts