Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Here's a question I haven't been able to find the answer to - where are all the speakers placed? 10 is a lot to cram in such a confined space. Obviously the sub is in the back, but does anyone have pics of where the others are?

I've been making playlists to keep me occupied waiting for my car...lol

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Two per door, one in the center of the dash level with the road, and the sub in back. I can take pics in a bit.
Much thanks, would love to see.

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Yep, as stated above, each door gets a small woofer and a tweeter, there's a center speaker, and the subwoofer in the trunk. If you can't believe that, just think, the premium system on the Fusion is a 12-speaker system!

·
Registered
968 Posts
Yep, as stated above, each door gets a small woofer and a tweeter, there's a center speaker, and the subwoofer in the trunk. If you can't believe that, just think, the premium system on the Fusion is a 12-speaker system!
Shoot, my Explorer had a 13 speaker system... with DVD! Of course it was a little bigger than a Focus or a Fusion :p

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
1,575 Posts
Anyone else w this system feel the speakers esp the tweeters cant handle much bass? Mine distort if the volume is up too much which is to say not full bore or even close

·
Registered
416 Posts
I've had mine up to at least 75%, feeling the bass down to the bone, but absolutely no distortion....yet. May blow them at some point though due to the tendancy to crank it up too loud.

·
Registered
772 Posts
You guys are asking too much of a factory sound system if you are getting to the point of distortion. This is the best factory system I have had, better than the 12 speaker 390 watt Sony in the Fusion and the 8 speaker MACH 460 watt in the 94-04 Mustang. Puts the BOSE General Motors systems to shame.

I find I have to adjust the Bass down or it will start shaking the door panels.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I really wanted the 10 Speaker system when I first began looking at the 2012 Focus... But I didn't really want MFT. Don't get me wrong, I know many either love or hate it -- but to me, I just wanted the voice-command capabilities and an awesome stereo.

I wonder if there is a much more noticable difference between the 6 / 10 speakers ?

Since the 2012 is so hard to find these days, its hard to compare.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Anyone else w this system feel the speakers esp the tweeters cant handle much bass? Mine distort if the volume is up too much which is to say not full bore or even close
I didn't think tweeters were meant to handle bass...

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
5 Posts
I get some vibrations, but no distortion. There should be some sort of active or passive crossover preventing the tweeters from getting frequencies they can't handle (and the same for the subwoofer). And I agree, this is the best factory system I've experienced.

·
Registered
60 Posts
It's all about getting the correct settings for the speakers. Mess around with the treble, middle and bass until it's nice and clear. Got mine set on -2 treble, -1 mid and +2 bass. Nice and clear. Obviously it distorts when it's wayyy loud but it's a standard system, a good standard system though.

And I find if you set it to optimise driver the bass drops off, optimise all is far better.

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
967 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
^^ Very true about the settings as well as the source. I can't tell you how many MP3's I encounter that sound so horrible they are virtually unlistenable. When I encode MP3's (I prefer flac or lossless but most players leave me SOL) I do it properly in a three step process with Exact Audio Copy, Lame MP3 and then Tag Scanner to finish them off. Takes me like a half hour to an hour per album but the results are so much better then most one solution does it all software it's laughable.

Edit - Oh by the way my current setup is a 4 speaker system rocking a static filled FM transmitter to play music manually through my zune, so just about anything would be an upgrade for me but this system should be an absolute pleasure.

·
Registered
168 Posts
>>>>I didn't think tweeters were meant to handle bass...

With the crossover (I'm not sure what settings Ford uses) I doubt the tweeters even "see" anything close to a bass signal.

I haven't had much time with mine yet but am experimenting with a variety of sources and haven't found any problems yet.

It, at first glance, appears to be a great factory system. Far superior to the Porsche Bose (a waste of money) and the Mercedes-Benz Harmon-Kardon.

·
Registered
71 Posts
It, at first glance, appears to be a great factory system. Far superior to the Porsche Bose (a waste of money) and the Mercedes-Benz Harmon-Kardon.
You are getting me all excited! Where's my car already?!?!

·
Registered
589 Posts
I'm blown away by the quality of the factory sound system. The stock system in the civic rental I had was horrid. Sounded like a shower radio compared to the focus.

·
Banned
571 Posts
I don't understand why people care about lossless codecs when they're playing music in a car. In a proper room but a car?

·
Registered
45 Posts
I don't understand why people care about lossless codecs when they're playing music in a car. In a proper room but a car?
There's a pretty substantial difference even on poor computer speakers, especially for certain genres of music.

·
Registered
781 Posts
i too am happy pleased with the system in my Ti. the only issues i have are:

1. the volume levels between notches on the dial (or clicks on the wheel) are huge steps. wish they were a little more fine grained.

2. mp3's playing from my SD car are quite loud, i have the volume set for somewhere between 20 and 25% of max. but when i play a FM station or Sirius I have to turn it up, more to 45%.

not sure who in the shop was testing out my radio but the equalizer was a mess, bass was maxed with everything else boosted a bit too. i fixed that pretty quick. wish the EQ had more bands, and the ability to save settings would be nice for different types of music.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts