Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
418 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the 6 speaker
4 in front doors 2 in rear doors.
Where are the other 4 speakers in a 10 speaker system ?

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
Yep. More specifically, each door has a small woofer and a tweeter (8) there's a center channel speaker up front (9) and the subwoofer in the trunk (10).

·
Registered
276 Posts
So if I have the 6 speaker set up, all i have to do is buy some after market door speakers with tweeters and ill pretty much have the 10 speaker set up, minus the sub?

·
Registered
882 Posts
So if I have the 6 speaker set up, all i have to do is buy some after market door speakers with tweeters and ill pretty much have the 10 speaker set up, minus the sub?
No. The 6-speaker setup doesn't utilize tweeters and subs like the 10 speaker does. Yours has 2 tweeters (one in each front door), and then 4 all-purpose (most likely 3-way, one in each door).

The 10-speaker gets a lot more bass because of the sub in the trunk, but also the 4 other subs (one in each door).

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
That center dash speaker is the tough one to duplicate. So far no one has even been able to get at the space to see what would fit in there. [bigcry]
Then Ford warns not to stick a speaker close to the electronics in the dash.
(i forget why, it has something to do with the anti whatever?)
That center speaker hole on the dash looks very tempting though!
Then you would have to devise a center output to use it, or use two small speakers up in there.

·
Registered
276 Posts
Im a little confused, has anyone with a 10 speaker set up popped open the door trim to take a look? if so anyone have pics?

·
Registered
524 Posts
I think she is talking about an unshielded speaker and the center speaker in the 10 spk setup is a shielded one so the magnet doesn't interfere with the MFT screen or other electronics. So if you were to mod your six speaker setup, use a shielded speaker up there and maybe even shield it some more.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I think she is talking about an unshielded speaker and the center speaker in the 10 spk setup is a shielded one so the magnet doesn't interfere with the MFT screen or other electronics. So if you were to mod your six speaker setup, use a shielded speaker up there and maybe even shield it some more.
Where is that speaker located? I havent seen it in any focuses i have seen ( maybe because i didnt know it was there to look )

On top of that where is the sub located and are the door speakers just mids with tweeters?

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
The lower ones in all the doors are mids. As in medium sized 1-way speakers similar to those found in most higher end setups. Combined with the tweeter to set the stage and the lows handled by a dedicated subwoofer you have yourself a pretty darn good sounding stock setup!

·
Registered
276 Posts
Meh I still think cars should be coming with 6x9's in the doors. lol

1 - 13 of 13 Posts