Focus Fanatics Forum banner

41 - 52 of 52 Posts

·
WRX/Focus:)
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
I'll just leave this here.

And the tool me and pops made to hold the flywheel.

Looks good, can't wait to drive her again.

·
Registered
362 Posts
PP bolts?

Cover plate bolts?

And what do you mean it came with new flywheel bolts? Did you pay extra for them?
No, the Flywheel bolts and no I did not pay extra for them; came with them.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
What else came with your kit? Cause all I got was the CP, PP, flywheel, slave, and a alignment pin.

That kinda pisses me off that I had to buy flywheel bolts separate? I think I'll take that up with FSWERKS.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
lets us all know how it drives with the light flywheel? I think I will upgrade when the time comes.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Yup, I have promised to put a video up on FJ too, so that's no problem.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
Quoted from Vic at FSWERKS on why I didn't get FW bolts, and you did.

when you have a 2.0L engine the bolts are incorrect in length and can damage the engine/drivetrain if the correct ones are not used during installation. For this reason we supply bolts for the 2.0L otherwise the clutch kits cannot be installed. The 2.3L engines however have no reason to replace the bolts since they already have the perfect length.

So I guess with the 2.0l you need the FW bolts, or it wouldn't be a direct fit kit for you, for me, it's a direct fit, but you should get new FW bolts because of the special thread locker they put on.

I know I used new FW bolts from Ford, just to be safe.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #47
And here you go, I don't think it made any change in vibration like people were saying it would, nor did it change the sound too much either.

There is a little bit of change in the exhaust sound, but not much. So far I love it, I'll take it out tomorrow when it gets light out for a official test drive, and let y'all know how it drives.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #48
So just to up-date I took her out today, she seems good as new.

The only vibration the kit gives you is when your slipping the clutch in first or reverse, after that, you don't feel any vibration.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
less rotating mass= changes the exhaust note!

And here you go, I don't think it made any change in vibration like people were saying it would, nor did it change the sound too much either.

There is a little bit of change in the exhaust sound, but not much. So far I love it, I'll take it out tomorrow when it gets light out for a official test drive, and let y'all know how it drives.
I'd go w/ the change in the exhaust note is you have less rotating mass now= 1 piece flywheel vs the dual-mass. Sound's great thou. It should rev out quicker now.

·
4,940 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
people have been saying the revs go faster, but to tell you the truth, it's really not that much faster then stock???

I mean don't get me wrong there is a difference, just not too much to wet myself about.

Now what there is that people have been saying, is a little vibration when slipping the clutch in first or rev, but even that, it seems if you do it quicker, it doesn't do it. I think that has something to do with not only the lighter flywheel, but the weights they have on them.

But it's really not enough to piss me off, so far I got to say the kit was worth the $$$.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,472 Posts
[???:)]^^^[scratch]

41 - 52 of 52 Posts