Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There has been so much talk about having the side black textured moldings sanded smooth and painted. I decided it was much cheaper and easier to buy the painted mouldings direct from Ford. I got the short pieces in today, the longer pieces should be here in another day.

I used a heat gun to loosen the double sided tape and pulled it off with my hand. I used acetone and a rag to remove what little bit of tape that stayed on the car. Its a bit of work getting the tape off, but well worth it! It took me about 30 minutes from start to finish on this one.

http://www.streetcarforums.com/attachment.php?s=&postid=756827

[:D]

·
Registered
491 Posts
Wow that's going to look really nice. Definately a step up!

Mine were already painted. [neener]

·
Focus Fanatic
7,252 Posts
You should get your side skirts painted too. I dont get why ford left those unpainted on some foci. What you've painted looks good.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Moctezuma05 said:
nice, how much do those run?
I work at a Ford dealership and I got a deal. Wholesale pricing on these is only $206.68 for all four pieces painted Silver (TS) for a ZX3. I would imagine that all the other colors are very close to the same price. If any body is interested in any for their ride, hit me up. 888-FORD-SVT x120

FWIW, the door moldings where here when I got here this morning. I should have this completed this weekend.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
loudfocus01 said:
You should get your side skirts painted too. I dont get why ford left those unpainted on some foci. What you've painted looks good.
I took the side skirts off and painted them semi flat black when I bought the car several months ago. They had faded and looked rough. I like the "clean" look of the newer cars without the skirts, however it would cost too much for me to fill in / paint all the attaching holes for skirts to get that look on my car.

I am debating adding a set of the discontinued Ford GFX skirts. I kinda like the look of the factory black skirts with the Mach 1 chin spoiler I added.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Discussion Starter #9

·
I don't care
8,446 Posts
I "erased" the goo with my thumb and some goof-off..lol I'd sure look into the eraser thing for any project bigger than a few emblems.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I second the eraser idea. I just picked up one this morning and did my moldings with it. ( I made a new thread about mine with pics) It is definetly a time saver, just plan on having a bit of a mess sweeping up all the little shreds of eraser that fly everywhere LOL. Also my drill wasnt quite fast enough for it to work to its full potential, The eraser recomends 3200 - 4000 rpms .

1 - 15 of 15 Posts