Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
so i wanted to make my blinkers darker but i hate the way that spray tint looks and fades .. found this( http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2068287 ) one day and thought i was awesome so i tried it .. so far i love it .. they still shin amber light at night so they look legal and in the day they look awesome

best part is they will never fade and u can just make them amber again by letting them sit in bleach over night if u dont like it

·
Registered
238 Posts
Thank you! I've been wanting to tint my side markers but haven't wanted to mess around with Nightshade. I'll be trying this out tomorrow and I'll post some pictures here as well once I get it done. How long did you leave yours in the boiling water/dye mixture and how much dye per water did you use?

·
Floods suck.
5,296 Posts
That looks great! I may have to try this once my spray tint starts cracking.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i used the dry black dye they sell at my store in a HUGE deep pot just dropped all of it in there and stir ... dont get it boiling hot cus i warped one side marker the first time and got one of ebay for 5 bucks .. and re did it .. um im a say 5 min or alil more on each side .. the grill blinker at night still look stock cant even tell there tinted .. i was scared of going too dark or warping another one so i did it in 2 min intervals let it sit for 2 min pull it out wash it . and repeat till happy .. i did have to wax the grill blinkers to get them shinny but that took a whole 5 min tops good luck guys !

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ohh and used like a stainless steel pot so u dont turn the inside of ur pot to dark haha !

btw bay wolf it a 2002 white wagon as well sir just got it for 2k with 90k on it we are wagon buddy's haha

next need to paint the head lights and lil rims

·
Registered
238 Posts
ohh and used like a stainless steel pot so u dont turn the inside of ur pot to dark haha !

btw bay wolf it a 2002 white wagon as well sir just got it for 2k with 90k on it we are wagon buddy's haha

next need to paint the head lights and lil rims
Haha. Yes, it is a 2002 White Wagon. I ended up getting mine for $3k and it had 100k on it when I bought it last year.

Definitely paint the headlights. I did my stock ones black and right now am repairing a pair of Mach HID headlights I picked up cheaply that will get installed in the next month or so. Still deciding on a painting scheme for them though.

·
Registered
238 Posts
im not a fan of HID on non stock hid cars but to each his own and ill be painting them soon i hate chrome
I agree with your statement about aftermarket HIDs. The set I have came stock from Ford on some Foci in the United States and are DOT approved. Here are the ones I'm talking about. LINK

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
got ya ! those are nice but would look 100% better in black gloss but those look hard ass [:)][:)][:)][:)] to paint good .. good luck bro im sure with some time and love it will look amazing

·
Registered
851 Posts
Could have had the same result with "cling" tint. simple soap and water and let dry. Take it off is as simple as peeling it off and is reusable. Have different shades just like regular tint. Last for years, no fading and CHEAP. Just a thought.

·
Obama Can't Gymkhana
8,569 Posts
That is a really cool way to smoke lenses. Nice find. Id rather do this then cling tint or even night shade

·
Bexar County
3,360 Posts
You can also buy one of those windshield strips that have Ford or whatever on them and use those. It is a cling tint type of material.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts