Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So i ordered flowers for my girlfriend to be arrived on valentines day. They shipped out from Illinois(I live in California) on the 13 but did not deliver the flowers on the 14 because of severe storms, So the flowers were stuck in Texas to be sent on the 15th. I had to spend an extra $150.00 to send some roses to my girlfriend on valentines day from a local florist. So on the 15th I checked to see where the flowers were. The flowers were not sent to correct address so ups held them to be delivered the 16th. I called 1800 flowers to see what the hell they did. They said they changed it to the correct address and were supposed to be at my girfriends job the 16th. So today they did the same thing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I called 1800flowers to yell at them. They said that the address I gave them was incorrect. B/S I double checked the address prior to ordering the flowers. Long story short. Do not buy flowers from them! They have a bunch of bozo's running the place.[?|] [hatchet]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
For ontime delivery of flowers, always go with a local florist that is close to the delivery location.

I never would use an online service that has to ship flowers for delivery.
Especially for Valentines day.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
I bought something for my girlfriend last Sunday, shipping from NV. It's still not here, it was supposed to be here today, but it's still in NJ because of the weather.

UPS sucks.

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
For ontime delivery of flowers, always go with a local florist that is close to the delivery location.

I never would use an online service that has to ship flowers for delivery.
Especially for Valentines day.

... or a nationwide service that works with local florists to get the job done. It's too risky to send flowers across the country to be there on a particular date... birthdays are okay, because you can schedule them to get there a day or two before... but valentines is always tricky.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They say they do work with local florist,but the flowers that i picked out were at their vendor. They should have that when you are choosing the flowers.

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
They say they do work with local florist,but the flowers that i picked out were at their vendor. They should have that when you are choosing the flowers.
That's why i've looked at their products, then called local florists to see if they had them. [giggle] Can't trust anyone.. but during our ice storm, local florists were having problems when UPS and FedEx weren't.. so national orders made it, local florist orders were either a day early or a day late.

Life is a crap-shoot these days. [:)]

·
here and there
23,092 Posts
Well if it makes you feel any better, I took vacation yesterday for water delivery set up.. they never came.. i called at 12:30 and they said they were still on the way... then I called at 5 and they said they were here at 12:25 pm and no one was home.. LIARS! [rant]

Everyone sucks. [thumb]

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,890 Posts
... or a nationwide service that works with local florists to get the job done. It's too risky to send flowers across the country to be there on a particular date... birthdays are okay, because you can schedule them to get there a day or two before... but valentines is always tricky.
I just took the safest route and googled the delivery address then found the florist closest to the address, which was like 5 blocks.
Paid $80 for a dozen (6 red/6 white) roses, large card and vase delivered at 10:30am on V day and I made the purchase/arrangements on Monday night. [:)]

·
Banned
9,238 Posts
Local florists FTW.

·
I.S.A.I.K.I.
5,413 Posts
That blows. I know that franchise florists work out of networked system. If they can't fill the order in the time needed, they are supposed to forward the order to a nearby florist who can.

I just pulled a two day delivery side job on the 13th and 14th for a good friend of mine. I made some good cash for those two days but the driving sucked ass with the snow storm! I had four deliveries about 35 minutes from her store and it took me a total of 3 hours just to get all of them done! All in all I managed to knock out 30 deliveries on the 13th and 43 on Valentines Day at $7.00 bucks a pop......cash....woohoo!

Her store is called Kabloom and they always get their stuff on time from their supplier.

·
*~*
13,045 Posts
Sorry, but must stick up for them. They have been awesome to me.
And since working here, trust me we buy A LOT of Sympathy flowers, tons of people die here, and relatives.
So been ordering flowers from them for 3 years now and they have never failed.
I like them and recommend them.

·
☼
7,494 Posts
I think it all depends on where you live. UPS is awesome, but FedEx is ALWAYS (by "always", I mean "ALWAYS") a week late with my packages.

I hate FedEx.
I guess FedEx is bad in the middle of nowhere.

I know UPS could not control the weather, but when I get a call the night before saying I will need to sign for the package between 8am and 6pm, then the next day they don't even come, what do you want me to think?

·
d u c k lover
0 Posts
I think it all depends on where you live. UPS is awesome, but FedEx is ALWAYS (by "always", I mean "ALWAYS") a week late with my packages.

I hate FedEx.
i have never had a problem with fedex...and we use them a helluva lot more than ups. and besides, my fedex guy is so cute![:I]

·
Registered
25,621 Posts
I knew that was coming^^^ LOL.... I have used the post office and fedex exclusivly since the UPS strike years ago. YUP, thats right, I haven't shipped one package with those jerks since the strike. I know what they make, and the strike was BS. They cost me and my business ALOT of money, and they had screwed up in the past before that. So no UPS for me.

As for the flowers? Sorry to here that, but you can't complain, the weather was crap. No one was moving ( well except me , lol ) and you expect the flower guy to risk his butt for you? I don't think that will be happening.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts