Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, tonight I ran this mid night madness thing at the 1/8 mile thing, i was pissed because it says from 11-2am and we didnt start till 1:10. Well they were running us between the R&R guys. So, I was a little nervouse but some guys didnt even know where the sensors were and went half way down the track trying to find them, lol. Well I pulled up next to a VW Jetta. So the two little lights flash, green light comes and I just give it the gas. Anyways I beat the VW Jetta by like 3 seconds. My time was 10.3x and the VW was 13.xx. So, overall I had fun but I have a major headache listening to the damn dragsters, so im goin to bed :). BTW I have automatic and I use the technique where you step on your break and gas at same time and when green light comes u let break go and push gas down. Doesnt this mess your engine up any?

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
what was the temperature outside? lol did you make sure you only had like 1/4 tank of gas...unlike myself

edit: forgot. nice time though. what mods do you have? my best was 10.4something in winter weather 10.6 summer

·
Retired Focus Addict
9,681 Posts
those are some damn good times for an auto.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
It was 1am in the morning. i had my gas light come on in the race lol :). Took my spare tire out and all the extra weight. I have FS exhaust, CAI, and Cosworth TB. My wheels like chirpped at the start I felt like that slowed me down a little. But i really wanna know if breaking and giving gas at same time is safe for engine?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts