Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey ppls,

I just bought a 2002 model ford focus zx5 automatic . I love this car, i just had a tad bit of problems. I m from Trinidad and Tobago, parts for this car are hard to find even aftermarket parts. Is it possible that somebody can help me source parts or even a place in the United States. I am intrested in buyin a bushin kit for the car, now i saw it in some sites for 125.00 us. I wanted to know also if this would fit my car, cuz everything is for the 2.0l ZETEC.

Help Please lol! thanks

·
Registered
161 Posts
sorry to say but North America is of no use to you for 1.6 zetec parts. You'll have to look around in the U.K. or anywhere else in Europe for help. Canada and US never had the small engines available, only the 2.0l zetecs, spi's, and duratecs and 2.3 duratec. I think there was also a 1.8L available in Eu, but nothing below 2.0 in NA.

·
( o Y o )
5,549 Posts
Hey!! Ive been to Trinidad. My grandmother was born in Port of Spain.

Anyway, I must agree with the post from above. You would have much better luck looking for parts in the UK and Europe. North America can be quite stupid about not standardizing the Focus.....it would save them a bunch of money!

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
thats why they do it to keep the market open to sell more parts more special parts means more money also parts in the states have more guidelines they have to meet like that makes them beter yeah right.

·
Registered
395 Posts
Dude i live in Grenada and i have a focus i get all my parts out of Trinidad like Maturas in St. James or Mcenearney Motors.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
So it by chance that the bushing kit would fit, you see my motor mount bushing is gone and ford well the dealer is charging $1025.00 for it!!!! soo...im not too sure as what to do so when i checked the net i found the bushing kit for the whole suspension for 125.00us which we cost me around 800.00TT. Which i rather buy

http://www.newedgeperformance.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=67

this is the web site check it out and tell me what you think ! please
im intrested in buyin

Energy Suspension Hyper-Flex System For Focus

1 - 6 of 6 Posts