Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yesterday was the friday night street car shootout so my dad and i decided to take a trip out he in his 2010 gmc sierra hd. and i in the 2012 focus se sport.
I was very surprised with this little car! I have the dual clutch auto and man was it extremely accurate. would stage and on the third light let off because of the semi lag of the launch and all of my times where within a hundreth of a second. ive been in another car before but this made it so easy. was surprised how well it lit the tires up as well (on street tires not always the best idea but had to have fun) and my reactions times were all very good too was getting some off the guys there with there 80,000 dollar mustangs and camaros with line lock and everything off the tree with better reactions all thanks to timing with the launch control feature. Will post pictures of my time slips have a few of em the best time happened to be the last run of the night and it was somewhere in the vicinity of 16.11 sec 1/4 mile at 87.4. all in all good for no mods at all and still going home to 37 mpg at 80 on the highway
[ffrocks]

·
Registered
712 Posts
Nice. That must have been some fun. I'm wonderin how that compares to some of the magazine review 1/4 mile stats. I'll have to look them up.

·
Registered
968 Posts

Your dead on with Road & Track... and they had over 500lb-ft of torque!

Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
588 Posts
Your dead on with Road & Track... and they had over 500lb-ft of torque!
Must be a special model... 500 lb-ft of torque and a 'dual-clutch manual' transmission. [rofl]

(I guess the Road & Track editors don't think they need proofreaders. They are wrong.)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Finally got time to coppy the time slips in.

i was number 69. but they were all around similar time the last race i did was run 308 ofcourse i was sleepin off the line. so my reaction time was pretty high but still was a good run beat MT time. haha

·
Registered
30 Posts
Not bad for a 2.5 second 60'. Definitely a mid 15sec car with 2.2sec 60' which is not out of the question with a 5spd and some better tires

·
Registered
2,654 Posts
I'm so surprised at how capable this car is proving itself to be. It truly is (dare I say) an enthusiasts economy car.

With the amount of technology and driving dynamics they've packed into the package, it's really an amazing car.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts