Focus Fanatics Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
9,476 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I haven't really seen many threads about 1/4 mi times.....I ran 16.63 My first time ever on the strip with my 2000 ZTS....Stock. I now have an intake (Volant, LOVE it) and hope to get a Throttle Body, Xhaust, Headers, etc.

My question is this:

What kind of focus do you have (year, body style), what mods do you have, and what did you run?

·
Registered
123 Posts
Ford Focus LX (2003)
All my mods include:
Custom Stereo (2 10s)
Clear Corner Lenses
Carbon Fiber Taillights
SE Rims
Toyo Tires
Magnaflow Exhaust

15.67 1/4...

·
Registered
793 Posts

stock as hell!!

·
OMGVTAK!
60,646 Posts
BoyzLie said:
Ford Focus LX (2003)
All my mods include:
Custom Stereo (2 10s)
Clear Corner Lenses
Carbon Fiber Taillights
SE Rims
Toyo Tires
Magnaflow Exhaust

15.67 1/4...
Yeah right.....

I never drove it at the track but my boyfriend did. It was his first time and the best time he got was 16.61. Really bad wheel spin and it was windy (which I don't know if the wind has anything to do with it.)
Mods are:
AEM short ram, FS plug wires, 65mm TB and full exhaust.

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
I think the times would be different on each car depending on who the driver is.

With the times posted, was the tranny a manual or 5-speed ?

A whole second difference because of an exhaust mod between HaveBlue83 and BoyzLie does seem odd or suspicious....

·
Registered
292 Posts
15.8 at 89mph probably could have ran faster but I was tired

·
Registered
292 Posts
I smoked a couple of svts but I think it was there driving

·
FF #1 Most Wanted
6,891 Posts
Sure...Tom...rub it in that my stock focus sucks balls compared to the ZX3 beast you have.
I hope one(day dreaming) that I can save up enough cash to get a Turbo kit from you.
Nice 1/4 mile numbers to backup your turbo kits performance.

·
Registered
36 Posts
you all should include your 60ft time as well. focal tech, how much money do you have in engine mods? that's a respectable time, i would like to know what it would cost to get there. my inlaws race their custom combination old 4 cylinder turbo mustang into the 9 second mark. i keep dropping hints about them building me a turbo. i doubt my wife would like the r & d that would entail. they taught my 18 month old to say "daddy needs NOS". but that seems like cheatin'. i WANT that turbo. no, i don't have the funds to buy a complete turbo kit. i want to take my recently handed down ZX5 to the track, but i'm not excited about a 16 second car. my second car is a high 13 and it's not very exciting. but then again, i don't think drag racing is. now road racing...

·
Registered
4,779 Posts
First off I think boyzlie either is lying or mean 16.67. Because there is no way an LX sedan with just a catback and additional stereo equipment would be close to a 16 flat. just not gonna happen. Regardless of driver!

My mods weren't expensive, I think may $ 2500 total, there are some cheaper alternatives. lemme see here:

Volant intake $180.00 (got it from dennis at FC when they were making their CAI)
FC 65mm T/B $ 239.00
FC cam gears $ 219.00
Crower stage 2 cams $ 300.00 (from a crower dealer)
FC 3 pc UDP $ 119.00
FC race header $ 329.00 (from FC)
Trubendz flexpipe $ 140.00
Borla catback $ 320.00 (from modern performance when they first came out for sale)
Superchip $ 219.00

Total around $ 2,065.00 throw in about $ 100.00 for the shipping

I also have dyno tuned my car a few times so thats another $ 175.00

When I ran the 14's I was using a set of BFG drag radials which weren't mine.

You can get some parts cheaper now then when I got mine so its easy to make a 14 second focus for under $ 2500.00

·
Registered
25,630 Posts
Ashley and focal and now viney266 are callin b.s. on that time with a stock focus and stereo mods. Seen to many of them go down the track!

1 - 20 of 32 Posts