Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i'm curious as to who's running their car, how they're doing, and what everybody's running?

i'm 2012 SE my best run was stock on 93 octane at 15.87 seconds, 89MPH trap time

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
You've matched MotorTrend's elapsed 1/4 which is pretty good since since with the DCTs I've been seeing 16.3s and slower.

·
Registered
324 Posts
I ran a terrible 16.4 @ 86mph last friday. This is with a 2.5" custom catback exhaust and IE 93oct Tune (everything else stock). 2.7 60' time also... terrible. Coming off the lights I felt like it was going to be a decent launch, but the car started wheel hopping very badly. I only got 2 runs in and they were about the same.

I was pretty rusty. When I had my Eclipse GST and went to the strip often, I'd pull 2.2 - 2.1 60's pretty regularly on street tires, but that was about 10 years ago.

I may go again this Friday and try a little tire prep next time. I did zero prep for these runs. Next time I may adjust tire pressures and heat the tires up in the water box a little. I may re-install my JBR 70a RMM too.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
You've matched MotorTrend's elapsed 1/4 which is pretty good since since with the DCTs I've been seeing 16.3s and slower.
thats awesome! lol. it was my third run ever in the car, and third run ever on the track, 27 psi on stock tires btw.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I ran a terrible 16.4 @ 86mph last friday. This is with a 2.5" custom catback exhaust and IE 93oct Tune (everything else stock). 2.7 60' time also... terrible. Coming off the lights I felt like it was going to be a decent launch, but the car started wheel hopping very badly. I only got 2 runs in and they were about the same.

I was pretty rusty. When I had my Eclipse GST and went to the strip often, I'd pull 2.2 - 2.1 60's pretty regularly on street tires, but that was about 10 years ago.

I may go again this Friday and try a little tire prep next time. I did zero prep for these runs. Next time I may adjust tire pressures and heat the tires up in the water box a little. I may re-install my JBR 70a RMM too.
i'm going this friday to midnight madness at MIR and seeing what i can pull off. i now have the injen short ram but the tread on my tires is worn to hell.

·
Registered
494 Posts
15.85 at 90mph. Atco NJ last Saturday temp outside was 70-72 no wind.

Modifications: k&n 57s intake and ford racing snorkel. Hankook ventus v12 summer tires with stock 16" rims
Fuel: Sunoco 93 octane with tank 1/2 filled
Removed: spare tire

I feel the car has more to give than this.

Anyone in NJ, DE, PA should come run with me sometime at atco.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Atco doesn't count because everyone knows the et's there are a second faster than anywhere else in the country...lol. Joking, it's a nice track and always gives excellent numbers.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
my buddy got an st stock in the low 13's last friday at MIR

·
C2H5OH
11,868 Posts

Haven't made a pass this year yet.

·
Registered
1,797 Posts

·
C2H5OH
11,868 Posts
Guess you've never missed a shift or raced at all ...

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
my buddy got an st stock in the low 13's last friday at MIR
And your full of crap. like me to prove it?
Which also means all your stories are complete BS. yeah, you've just been called out.
mir posts times even for t&t eliminations, which by the way they didn't have last friday which means he would have had to run in super street which only 2 focus ran in, a 12 and 13. and guess what....
I'll make it easy for everyone to see,
http://www.mirdrag.com/v2/results/2013/13-08/index.htm

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
Guess you've never missed a shift or raced at all ...
It was a joke....[dunno] Didn't mean to bruise your bunghole. I was just curious if maybe you had some mechanical/weather issues. I've only been to the track twice to race with my old Camaro z28([email protected]) and a few years later([email protected]). Both trips were with an automatic so all runs were within a couple tenths of each other. Consistency is more difficult with a manual transmission, I understsand.

*Edit* I guess you could say 3 times if you want to count a cbr1000rr but it was only a 1/8 mile track [email protected]

·
Registered
5,898 Posts
I think the low 13 was a typo and not a bs story since most people know a stock ST is good for mid 14s and not a few ticks slower than a new Mustang GT.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
I think the low 13 was a typo and not a bs story since most people know a stock ST is good for mid 14s and not a few ticks slower than a new Mustang GT.
if you look at what ran in super street the best was a 15.4
suppose he meant to type low 15's? guess its possible with what I saw for runs at ffw
P.s. recheck your gt times

1 - 20 of 60 Posts