Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i wanna know wut a bone stock SVT will rin in the quarter mile, i have no where to test it profeesionally,i cant seem to find the statistics on this site or any other, somone tell me the quarter mile time of a stock SVT...??

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
mid-high 15's generally. Since it's a 6spd, it varies with the driver, plus where you race it. In florida, you'll probably end up being in the low 16's from the higher temps.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I was looking at a magazine (MotorTrend I think) yesterday and they said the Focus SVT was doing something like 16.1 - 16.3 on the 1/4 mile..

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
mid high 15's

·
Registered
712 Posts
I ran a 15.3 stock, I have heard of a couple other people doing it to.

·
Registered
3,861 Posts
it depends on the options. dave is one of the only people ive ever heard claim a 15.3 stock... without t/c and some weight loss i could see maybe a 15.5 but 15.3 would have to be a perfect launch in perfect track conditions. someone on a dif focus forum was running a 14.9 on the bottle... the bottle generally adds more than .4 of a sec if its a decent shot. but yeah. 15.5-16 seems to be what ive been hearing. i was messin with an svt on the highway yesterday and he wasnt pullin at all i jumped about half a car length on him from 50-70 he had catback on it too.

·
Registered
712 Posts
Yah, I got timeslips of the 15.3, and it was only a couple days after i bought car. But you really have to drive the sh** out of the car to get it close to that. It was a 15.3 @ like 91.7 I think.

·
Registered
712 Posts
I was off on the MPH, but it was a year ago so sue me. Track elevation is aproximately 1400, temps were mid-high 60's if I remember right. BTW, on car magazine ran a 15.4 in the five door, maybe car and driver? Here you go.

r/t---.746
60---2.292
330---6.470
1/8---9.905
MPH---69.74
1000---12.790
1/4---15.367
MPH---90.49

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
i guess i have a ways to go before i can beat svts =\

·
Registered
1,091 Posts
Solaris, i'm worse off than you lol, the only thing different between our mods, is you have the intake and tb, and you run a full second faster than me, know what sucks more, i have the atx. Amazing how an atx can be a half second off your E/T, gah. I want a 5spd!

·
Registered
712 Posts
Dude, you can beata svt, just have to find some ******* that doesn't know how to drive it. I have seen stock svt's run low 16's at the track, ouch!

·
Registered
2,192 Posts
CowsGoMoo said:
Solaris, i'm worse off than you lol, the only thing different between our mods, is you have the intake and tb, and you run a full second faster than me, know what sucks more, i have the atx. Amazing how an atx can be a half second off your E/T, gah. I want a 5spd!
keep with it but building up an auto is a bizzle. I dunno i've gave up on the strip my goals are nothing but autox now. I am actually happy with the mods i've done thus far and feel that when i get my Ebach pro-system and new set of wheels/tires for summer/autox driving i'll be good to go. Ok i'm off topic the only time i was ever at the track no svts were there so i couldnt' race one. I've raced them on the street and it's pretty cool i take them off the line and through 2nd but they pull on my through 3rd but not by much i feel that it's a pretty good match. But ya 16.8 with mods has to suck =\ atx = [?|] gl to ya bro

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
i was reading consumer reports and i looked up the 2 dr SVTF it said it was running bout a 16.7........ i still havent had time to test my focus at the track so i dun no....lik when i bouhgt it i figured i would b running bout 15.4-15.6 not n e 16.7......i dunno auhhhhhhhhh.

·
Registered
2,649 Posts
The 2dr ZX3 runs 16.7 ....not the SVT. The SVT ran 15.8 in Motor Trend, and that seems to be generally what they do.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thanx blkzx3.....if u happen to see this consumer report ezine look inside it says the SVT is running 16.7's......but i guesss it was n error

·
Registered
798 Posts
Consumer Reports sucks when it comes to car testing. They don't abuse the cars when they launch them, they just put the car in gear and hit the gas. They have different opinions when they test cars too like a while back they gave the BMW X5 top ranks for handling and now they tested it again same model and everything but now it's last with "unpredictable handling". I never use there info about cars only reliability.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts