Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Question: In my 04' Focus I have a 2.3L with inake and exaust. In the 1/4 mile drag I ran a 16.1. Could I get better or what? Just asking around.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Says five speed in his profile, so i'm guessing it's a stick. You should be able to get way better than that. What was you corrected altitude when u ran?

·
Registered
464 Posts
my fastest was a 16.07 all i have is CAI and exhaust. 2005 2.0 duratec. theres no doubt that you can run faster. yea that reaction time is big cause as soon as the green light hits your time starts. and plus if your burning out thats not your real time.

·
Registered
1,307 Posts
yeah u have to get the tires hot so that they stick and get a good grip and than launch and when the light is green u should already be going when the last amber light hits its on lol.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Reaction time has nothing to do with it. Your time starts when you leave the final staging beam. Hot street tires usually stick LESS. I avoid the water box and do no such burn out.

I ran 15.82 on stock tires @ ~38 PSI in 96 degree weather. Just figure out how to properly launch your car.

·
Registered
815 Posts
Is there any way to launch a automatic?

·
FF's Night Security
28,766 Posts
I think you should have definitly be in the 15's

Seems like more driver skill/ practice is needed.

When I went to the track I ran my car like 25 times back to back to back my quickest reaction time was .132

I got real good at racing that day I'll tell you

Fo'SHO I sent you a pm hit me back

1 - 10 of 10 Posts