Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
You either like it or you dont. I love it!!

Got the one done today. Took about 8 hours and requires quite a bit of work on the fender. Its still not perfect shutting but its dam near to perfection. End of the day all I can say is bolting a turbo or S/C on is so much easier lol.

Next week we are doing the other door. Should take much less time since we will no what we are doing. Just winged it on this one. LOL

There is room for tuns of adjustment so it depends how much fender work you want to do. I set mine back so there isnt much room how ever it still didnt stop my buddy who is about 5'7 from getting in and out.

We even had Cumsey demonstrate and he is bigger guy. This is how far the door can open before it goes up. How ever I made it smaller for my liking.

I did it thow just to be different.

I dunno if I would do it again on my next car. Requires alot of work for my liking lol but thats just because im a lazy mofo.

·
Registered
481 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks.

i actually had plans on getting a body shop to do it since i seen some one else attempt an install them self and it didnt go very well. The shop actually said they wouldnt guarantee me fitting and if any parts got damaged. They seemed very sketchy about it to.

I doubt they would of done the extra work we put into it and like I said before there is still work done to make it fit just perfect. I showed some ppl the kit and they allready said its perfect so Im just being my picky old self LOL. Im one of those gusy that pick out the tiniest things and just go crazy over it lol

·
Registered
1,900 Posts
Good job! Nice Focus!!!

·
Registered
432 Posts
LOL, I remember the fun times i had with my install lol. In the end i took it to a friends shop to get my gaps out and they finished my job by re tapping every hole and used Grade A, inch and a half, course thread bolts everywhere. They stated they didn't trust the original bolt size, and after 3 months of swinging doors i have no sag, leaks, gaps, or problems with my kit. Anyway love the door pic and can't wait to see'em both swinging [thumb]

·
Livin' it up in Cali
2,005 Posts
looks great dude. Now you drive a locus.

·
Registered
565 Posts
not a fan of the doors. the rest of the car is def nice though

1 - 20 of 27 Posts