Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wanted to block the sound symposter just to see how it seems with it a little quieter.
The 1/2 paper towel sheet was able to silence it completely. Just bunched up at the very end of the tubing.
The tube has a small U extension, I placed the paper towel ball in that ust blocking the end of the tube.
Seems to silence the sound symposer completely.
I am not certain I like it quiet.
I kind of like the sound. I was trying more to just drop it slightly in loudness.

·
Registered
620 Posts
Maybe you could go to a lighter type of paper like lens tissue or maybe a cork with a hole drilled through it. You could start with a small hole and just keep getting larger until you get the sound you want.

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Maybe you could go to a lighter type of paper like lens tissue or maybe a cork with a hole drilled through it. You could start with a small hole and just keep getting larger until you get the sound you want.
Yes I will play with it.
I think a thin taunt membrane is the way to go.
Like Saran Wrap just one layer over the end.
Then the sound has to vibrate the layer of plastic.
Dampening the sound. Instead of just flowing out.

That too may fail, as it may defeat the way the resonator functions?
(It may need the open ended tube to be able to make the sound. the way a pipe organ needs a specific length tube..))

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Don't jump on the throttle so hard= LOL

·
Registered
354 Posts
We should trade! Mine has not worked since 5,000km's (45,000km's ago). Ford has replaced the valve 4 times and none of them have made a difference! I gave up trying...

·
Registered
4,475 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
We should trade! Mine has not worked since 5,000km's (45,000km's ago). Ford has replaced the valve 4 times and none of them have made a difference! I gave up trying...
Do you have an aftermarket air filter?
Some folks are saying the sound symposer stops working if you use the Green Filter (with the end open)

Added: I took the paper out. And reinserted the hose.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts