Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone out there have one? I'm creeping up on 5,000 miles and thinking about putting one on. Mainly to help reduce the chances of carbon deposits building up on the intake valves.

After seeing some pictures of Speed 3s with maybe 50k miles (mine has 85k miles, dreading how bad it is), the carbon deposits are amazing.

Direct injection certainly has its advantages, but how no-one planned for the carbon deposit issue from having no fuel flowing past the intake valves to clean them, is just beyond me.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
You'll need one for both the pcv and breather.

I found an inline lawn mower filter kept all the oil off my TB on my 2006.

The problem is no fuel going over the valves to keep them clean.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do other than an Italian tune up before each oil change.

·
Registered
145 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
The best thing to do is to use a high quality top tier fuel and a low voc oil, such as pennzoil platinum
penzoil platinum doesnt support the ford specification.... tha same thing with platinum ultra...

isnt it the: WSS-M2C948-B?

it only support these : WSS-M2C930-A and WSS-M2C945-A (SAE 5W-20)

·
Registered
20 Posts
Did you ever do this catch can?

I have one ready to go in but I am wonder whether I should put it on the PCV or the breather. I pulled the intake off and there is an oil coating from the PCV. I don't know which one will be more beneficial.

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a ? Why can't we block off the pcv? Will it not run right? New to this di and turbo scene, but the occ seems needed, but why not block off pcv? Thanks
James

Sent from my LGMS210 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
72 Posts
Interested to see where this conversation goes, (due to owning a 1.0 as well).

·
Registered
20 Posts
I have a ? Why can't we block off the pcv? Will it not run right? New to this di and turbo scene, but the occ seems needed, but why not block off pcv? Thanks
James

Sent from my LGMS210 using FF Mobile
No. PCV systems have been around a long time because they extend the life of the engine. By removing the blowby gases from the crankcase the oil is less contaminated therefore will last longer and keep the engine in better health.

These engines have a catch system in place. They just don't work very well. DI has really changed the game and the pcv tech hasn't caught up.

·
Registered
2 Posts
so... who has one and what kit did you get? I cant seem to fine one for the 1.0 and was told the fiesta kit was different but they could not tell me how. Also did it come with instructions? Id like to get one and these di motors get gross in no time.

·
Registered
46 Posts
so... who has one and what kit did you get? I cant seem to fine one for the 1.0 and was told the fiesta kit was different but they could not tell me how. Also did it come with instructions? Id like to get one and these di motors get gross in no time.
I bought a JLT Focus ST kit and the factory PCV hose to use the factory ends

1 - 16 of 16 Posts