Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Has anyone put a bov on a 1.0 ecoboost? I fab one in but could not get it to work properly.
I have done a bit of reading and the bov and wastegate on our cars is built into the turbo. Chances are the reason yours is not working is because the built in one is doing its job.

The only way to have aftermarket bov and waste gate I think is by replacing the turbo. And then all the pipe work along with it.

Look up puma speeds induction kit. replacing all the intake pipes makes the sound really nice.

·
Registered
3,022 Posts
The v6 ecoboost guys run a vent to atmosphere mod. Apparently it helps with the carbon build up, but you'd need a tune since the electronics rely on the diverter valve to send excess pressure back to the air flow meter

·
Registered
301 Posts
again on the 1.0 motor, the waste gate and BoV are built into the turbo. Because of that there will be NO upgrades for these, UNLESS you replace the turbo. There might be ways around it by retrofitting this or doing that, but by doing these things just to upgrade a device that's already there and can not be removed will ONLY give you sound, no performance gains.

If you want more turbo noise from your 1.0 do exhaust mods and replace your induction piping. The later will give you all the noise you could want.

pumaspeed induction kit

·
Registered
1 Posts
It's actually not a bov/waste gate on the ecoboost it's a recirculation valve which is part of the turbo but it's not built into the turbo you can buy an uprated recirculation valve and replace the standard one not the full turbo, but all you need is cone filter and you get the bov noise off the filter when the air is recirculated back or you can take the top of the airbox off and you'll get a little noise but wouldn't recommend.

·
Registered
501 Posts
The v6 ecoboost guys run a vent to atmosphere mod. Apparently it helps with the carbon build up, but you'd need a tune since the electronics rely on the diverter valve to send excess pressure back to the air flow meter
If their cars are dumping that much oil in between shifts for an atmospheric BOV to release that oil out, they probably have a bigger problem.

·
Registered
603 Posts
The sprint I had the blow off valve was on the intercooler. You could shim it and such for adjusting the release pressure.
Would you be able to rig up something like that just under factory boost level to let it go off and get the sound your trying to get.
I miss when mine went off. Even louder when I took off the exhaust.
I hate the quietness of my current turbo car.

·
Registered
98 Posts
Link doesnt go to anything.
The link goes to a shared video on Google Photos. It worked for me yesterday, and still works...

The BoV does sound good and provides the stereotypical wastegate woosh when you get off boost. Turbosmart has two BoVs compatible with the 1.0L at around $200 without installation. I don't think it's worth it to get the woosh sound... Maybe the upgraded BoV might be worth it if you have a tune and run more boost.

·
Registered
18 Posts
I know this is an old thread, but I see some incorrect info. While the stock diverter valve is directly bolted onto the compressor housing, Turbosmart makes a dual port bov, ts-0203-1065, that fits right where the stock one goes. I have it on my car and it sounds amazing.

https://photos.app.goo.gl/08PizBbUFWdariTo2

Link doesnt go to anything.
Sorry about that, still works for me and I just had my friend try it. It's just a video of bov sound and where it attaches to the turbo.

·
Registered
18 Posts
The link goes to a shared video on Google Photos. It worked for me yesterday, and still works...

The BoV does sound good and provides the stereotypical wastegate woosh when you get off boost. Turbosmart has two BoVs compatible with the 1.0L at around $200 without installation. I don't think it's worth it to get the woosh sound... Maybe the upgraded BoV might be worth it if you have a tune and run more boost.
I found mine for $140, probably not worth it, but look at my username ��

·
Registered
658 Posts
I hate the quietness of my current turbo car.
It's not even that it's quiet, it's that it sounds nothing like any kind of a turbo car. In fact, to me it seems to have the raspy sound of an old pushrod V6. I don't care near enough to mess with it, but it is weird...

·
Registered
98 Posts
It's not even that it's quiet, it's that it sounds nothing like any kind of a turbo car. In fact, to me it seems to have the raspy sound of an old pushrod V6. I don't care near enough to mess with it, but it is weird...
Does this (or any) engine have to sound like another engine because it carries some similar part used in X/Y/Z engine?

1 - 20 of 23 Posts