Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
would it be worth it to do some port work on a 2.0 head my car is basically stock has the poor mans intake mod cfm lower torque mount and thats it just looking to get a little more info my cousin works at a machine shop and can easily get the work done cheap let me know what you guys think and if it would even be worth it or would it be a better route to get a 2.3 head and do the port work on that help me out

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Depends on what you want out of it. Is this a true daily driver?.
yes it is my daily i like to have some power there if i want it car is not all i hope for want to be a peppy car have a little power would like to see around 180 maybe 200 hp with a nice torque curve

·
Registered
761 Posts
Get a 2.3 head its far better than a 2.0 even ported and is not easy to achieve those numbers
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Get a 2.3 head its far better than a 2.0 even ported and is not easy to achieve those numbers
Posted via FF Mobile
i know its kinda of dissapointing that with alot of work that those numbers cant be achieved thinking about selling the car and buying a ms3 and being done with it but will see

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Will a 2.3 head work with the '08+ cams and sensors?
if not then a bolt on turbo kits going to be the easiest and best bang for your buck.

·
Registered
761 Posts
^^
I think they do I'm planning to do the 2.3 head swap for my car maybe next year or later this year cause damm it sucks being over 3800 ft above sea level :s
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
505 Posts
If you live at high altitude you might want to look into having that head shaved for an increase of .5 to 1 in the static compression ratio. With the thinner air that would result in about the same cylinder pressures as a stock head at sea level. History lesson, Ford used to shave the heads on Model T's shipped to Denver for this reason and soon a "Denver Head" was a popular trick among hot-rodders of the day. When I did Marine EFI in the 90's, we found out that Ford had a "high altitude" MAP sensor. A lot of the 5 liters ran lean and had a rough idle and stumble off idle. We didn't have access to the programs, but a high altitude MAP sensor at sea level read the pressure hugh and added a little fuel and timing. The difference was so profound one of the guys swapped back and forth twice before he believed the difference a $100 plug in part made.

·
Registered
187 Posts
most people will stray you away from NA power. Turbos are cheaper in the long run but NA with an 08+ is uncharted territory especially with a 2.3 head (ported or not) and cams

·
BodyKits=PantiesDrop
13,168 Posts
NA at high altitude will not be as fun as at sea level. That's why people use turbos for altitude racing.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts