Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I just wanted to say I have just installed the coupe front grill and headlights on my 09 sedan and they look amazing. I hate chrome and this option is great! I have taken pics and will post later as I'm on my iPhone and can't find a way to post them. I got headlights for 375 total and grill for 84.

The before everything pic with shot of the tint

The before and after with chrome grill

Just grill with chrome headlights

Both grill and headlights

Both grill and headlights with lights on

·
Registered
484 Posts
that definitely looks a lot better, i like the darkened look ten times better. where did you go to buy it? i would love to have it but i have the 08, it should fit on mine though right? i saw bradwhite niteshade his 08 grill to make it darker, but i would rather just pay for a new grill haha.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah I laughed when my salesman told me chrome was coming back. Idk my opinion, especially considering the color of my car, the black looks great. Oh and arasky. I'm sure the setup would work on the 08 cause I actually used bradwhites write up on how to remove the grill and headlights and I found no differences.

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
Wow man that looks awesome, I have been planning on doing this for a while now. I'm glad to see it works so well

·
Registered
179 Posts
Nice, I just priced out these parts a few days ago. My friends mom has worked in the Ford parts warehouse for 30+ years, she's going to pick them up for me at some point for the spring!

Looks awesome! Gonna get the tinted tails too? Or leave em?

·
Sticker Whore
18,739 Posts
looks way better especially on that color!

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
god damn! that looks so much better!

·
Registered
1,235 Posts
did you go right to ford to get them? Either way how much for both? I hav an 08 and I blacked my grill but Id perfer the factory gunmetal with the dark lights. It looks really good. [thumb]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks for all the comments so far! Jholso, I did go to a Ford dealership for them. I got hooked up with the price cause my uncle is a retired parts manager and still gets his discount. I paid 84 for the grill and 176 per headlight. I know they retailed at 127 for the grill and 265 per headlight. Then, junk, yeah I'm going to be buying the SES tail lights before I get them blacked out. I think it would be better cause of the chrome inside of my tail lights may show a bit and may look funky. But yeah, I found a shop that does it and will go as dark as I want. They even warranty their work for that.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Very nice touch, Makes the front flow so much better.....I think Ford is going a bit overboard with the plasti-chrome stuff, looks like you took care of that though....keep it up.

·
Big Blue 2.0
1,634 Posts
Thanks for all the comments so far! Jholso, I did go to a Ford dealership for them. I got hooked up with the price cause my uncle is a retired parts manager and still gets his discount. I paid 84 for the grill and 176 per headlight. I know they retailed at 127 for the grill and 265 per headlight. Then, junk, yeah I'm going to be buying the SES tail lights before I get them blacked out. I think it would be better cause of the chrome inside of my tail lights may show a bit and may look funky. But yeah, I found a shop that does it and will go as dark as I want. They even warranty their work for that.
Just a thought but I had Chad at unique coatings tint my taillights, we tinted just the chrome and left the red alone.

·
Registered
484 Posts
what do you think about just getting the blacked out grill but keeping the headlights the same? do you think that will look too tacky? im waiting until they make some kind of projector/ hid kit for the lights so id rather not buy the darked lights if im just going to toss them in the future you know.
troy i really like that tail light tint, it looks a lot nicer and you won't have any problems at all with your lights not showing though during the day

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Well, I'll be honest I rolled without the headlights for a week or so. I don't think it looked tacky. Good reason to wait, but you could always sell the black ones when the aftermatkets come out. Or it's never a bad thing to have spares I say. Yeah, troy tail lights look good. But I'm going to stick with my plan I got. Not going to give it away though so nobody beats me to all my own ideas but everything is pretty much going to be the grey of my car or black. I'm getting my rear ford emblem removed soon here. Gotta shop taking it out and filling the holes in a few weeks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts