Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there, I have a 2009 Focus SE and the tail pipe is starting to bother me. I'm just wondering what people like for a chrome cover, and if there are any pictures of it on a focus?

Thanks!

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
I have a couple high quality 3" tips that are angle cut and fill in the rear bumper very well. You would probably want to have this welded on. But ill let these go for $20 each. I have 4 right now.

PM me if you want to get one.

·
Registered
194 Posts
You can also find some at any local auto parts store pretty cheaply. They'll just bolt onto the pipe itself with no need to weld. You can't tell that it's bolted on unless you look under the car and it's not so large as to look ridiculous.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
These tips are actually from 3D Carbon and are stainless. These tips sell for $40 each. I just happen to have 4 of them, thats all. You could clamp them on, but these are slightly larger than whats needed on a Focus tailpipe, thats why i said weld them on.

·
Registered
1,929 Posts
You can also find some at any local auto parts store pretty cheaply. They'll just bolt onto the pipe itself with no need to weld. You can't tell that it's bolted on unless you look under the car and it's not so large as to look ridiculous.
They will rust... very quickly.

That's a hell of a deal from Mike, I'd go with that for sure.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Yeah, they're definitely a good deal. Just throwing that out there for posterity's sake.

I'm interested in getting one of those from you as well Mike.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Thanks guys. These wont rust.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
I got the one that Ford sells for the Focus. $50 :\

That one also doesn't rust but mine is all dirty [:(]

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Brake/parts cleaner will clean it right up.

·
Focused Focus
6,403 Posts
Well, these arent for the Focus, these are actually for the Fusion/Milan, & MKZ conversions and are a little larger, but fill the bumper up better.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts