Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok, so I was thinking about upgrading my headlights.
I was looking at either silverstars or HIDs...
are HIDs difficult to install?
are there any other options besides these two?
has anyone else done their headlghts on an 08-09 and got pics.
I also have fogs and would like to do the same to them so my lights dont look bad.
are there HIDs for them?
Thanks alot for the help!
oh, and if I were to do the HIDs where should I buy..eBay? or somewhere else?

·
Registered
1,105 Posts
Our cars, dont have projectors. So hid is a BAD option. I think people are f'ing stupid for putting hid's into non projector housings. Go with silverstars if you are looking to upgrade. Or PIAA bulbs would make a good choice as well. There is nothing out there for aftermarket for our lights, so your choices are either, custom make them, or just upgrade bulbs. Same with the fogs. I still need to do this to mine, lol. Ill prolly go silverstars

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
hid's are not a horrible install as long as you know what you're doing. always a good idea to have a professional help you that knows 12 volt. as said above though, hid's are best in projectors. they will physically work in a halogen application, but will shine light everywhere and blind people and just overall not function as they were designed. I would personally reccomend PIAA if you're looking to do bulbs. they do have matching bulbs for the headlights and fogs for the 08/09's. Alot of people have had issues with the silverstars in reliability and not lasting very long. I have an 09 and ordered some eurodesigns bulbs off ebay that should be here monday or tuesday (they were cheap). i'll post some pics when i get them in and let you know how well they work.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok sounds good i think ill just go with the silverstars or PIAAs and I want to see how them eBay lights look, if they look good I might go with those..thanks guys!

·
Registered
116 Posts
i have over a year on my silver star ultras, and they get used at least a hour a day every day for the past year, PLUS 12-16 hour road trips at night with Hi/lows never had a problem and still love them!!! ill get another set at christmas just because i like to replace the bulbs yearly due to the amount of hours on them. (i do it will all my lights ha ha) but never had a problem

1 - 5 of 5 Posts