Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
282 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK... I just got a 09 Focus SE and the car only has 10K on it. I've now noticed front end has a banging noise. The car rides smooth down the road but every time I hit the slightest bump or pot hole.. the front end just bangs... its like someone put a huge marble in the engine bay and it keeps rolling from side to side. I think its the sway bar end links... I had them replaced don the my old 07 and it sounds similar. So if that's not it... then what else could it be after only 10K miles?

JB

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
it could be blown strut or a control arm bushing, highly unlikely but it could happen, depending on how much the people before you beat the car

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
Also check the front sway bar end links. These have proven to be a problem on almost every Focus made. Ford used some real junk for these pieces. They have to be removed (which is quite easy) for a proper inspection. Was the car ever in an accident?

·
Registered
258 Posts
Most likely the end-links. There is a TSB for them, should be covered under your warranty.

·
GO Green
11,148 Posts
Posted via FF Mobile Yup probably the end links. My car was making a bang earlier this year, ended up being a cracked spring, but it doesnt sound like thats your problem.

I think I have this problem too. I believe the tsb effects my car too right? Even after getting my new svt suspension my car still makes noise, I assume its the bushings or sway bar end links. Im out of warranty, but should I still go to the dealer because its a tsb, or am I going to end up paying full price anyway? Sorry for the thread hijack lol.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
It's not even the Ford ones that go bad. I put MOOGs on, they're a bit better but it seems like the Focus likes to chew through them. My passenger lower point always is the first to go and start making noises

·
Premium Member
44,595 Posts
No Noise here, i KNEW mine were shot (torn boots), but the joint on one seized up & BROKE the link B4 it got loose & started making noise...

no noise at ALL with it disconnected.... (grin)

Luck!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts