Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,

I have lurked here a while and read alot and wanted to say thanks for all of the great info. I have an 09 Focus SEL that is about 3 months old. I went out of town for work and parked the car at the local airport for 5 days. I live in northern Indiana and it was very, very cold. Anyway when I arrived back last Friday I had no blower motor. I turned it to 1,2,3,4 and nothing. It didn't blow or do anything. Luckily on Friday it wasn't too bad and I nursed it home for an hour and half with no heat or defrost. As I drove home the car was frosting over but I stopped and got a little 12 volt heater for the window to try to keep the frost down so I could see. I called the local dealer and they told me to make sure the ignition switch went back to the run position and setup a service appointment for Monday.

Anyway I got it home and parked it in the garage. The next day I threw an electric heater in the car and closed the door. I went out and checked it and it started working and still is blowing now. Today I took it to the dealership and they said there was nothing they could do since it is now working. I have never had a car do this to me and I find this very disappointing. Is this just a fluke? Is there anything I should check? My dealer said if it happens again bring it back.

Thanks in advance for your thoughts.

Jeff

1 - 1 of 1 Posts