Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I have been looking around to try and find a good deal and get the right lowering springs and struts for my 09 Focus Coupe SES.

I found someone said that I can go get the FRPP kit for $300 (rear shocks, front struts, strut mounts, boots, front/rear springs), but its for 06-07. Will it still work on the 09 with no problems??

Help a newbie, please! [thankyou][8)]

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
It works great, I have been running the same kit for about 7 months/20,000 miles now on my 2010. Bolts right in, in about an hour.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
Yep it'll go in
I put it in maybe 1000-2000 miles ago. I love it.
I don't love how my wheels rub a bit but my offset is 40 I believe so it's a bit out there.

$300, you can't lose. It was about time for me to do my shocks anyways cuz it started getting a bit floaty at 47k

·
Registered
8,023 Posts
And as Phokus eludes to above, it is not really a kit but a combination of two very popular Ford Racing suspension parts. You might want to check with FF member ChrissyL. She was one of the first members to use them on the 09 and is very knowledgeable about this combo.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
What if I just got the springs? Will it hurt the suspension if I got stock struts and FRPP springs?

Just wondering

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
you'll probably kill the stock struts and shocks quicker and then it'll ride/handle funny

·
So mote be it
8,950 Posts
Shorter stiffer springs require shorter firmer shocks for proper damping, handling, and safety. Don't cheap out!
This is pretty much universally agreed here, do it once the right way!

Call Steve at Tousley 800.328.9552 and tell him what you drive and he will make sure you get the right parts. Or you can call Hilbish Ford 888.360.4399 (one might be less to ship based where you live)

·
Trying to Focus
1,881 Posts
Definitely go with the ZX3B part numbers for an ’09.

You can manage to fit the earlier ZX3-numbered parts, but you’ll need an Omni-kit from Massive Speed Systems to deal with fitting the smaller diameter early struts to the differently-sized front knuckle of the ’06 and later cars. That’ll cost you an extra hundred+ bucks.

The best reason to go that way is to fit non-Ford aftermarket struts from Koni and other quality damper manufacturers who haven’t made anything to fit our newer Foci. (Maybe they will now that our cars are piling on the mileage and needing better-than-stock replacements? Hope, hope...)

·
FocusFest Event Team
2,362 Posts
speaking of which how does this setup ride? I have H&R springs on mine and need new dampers. was thinking of getting the ones listed above. inexpensive option and pretty much the only option for a full matching set. I would go with the Tokico ones, but can't afford that much right now.

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
^you can't go wrong with the FRPP suspension. IMO it's the best bang for the buck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts