Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone know of any general upgrades that haven't changed with the new body style/engine comp? specifically a short throw shifter? any others will be appreciated...

·
FF God of South FL
2,417 Posts
CFM and Steda sell the STS for the 09's

·
FOCUS REVOLUTION
2,872 Posts
the market is slim for the 08/09's at this point the is a "cai" from steeda and short throw shifters from cfm and steeda. Exhaust you can ask bradwhite or honhon about i know they will have link to them. but that about it as far as i know again bradwhite or honhon whould know more about whats out

·
Registered
8,506 Posts
if i had an 09 or 08, i would just do the drop in K&N until a true CAI comes out... there is minimal HP gain between the high dollar steeda and the 40$ drop in.

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
well theres a clip on here of an 08 with a 2.5 borla that sounds pretty awesome but did they have to get a universal and weld it or is there a bolt on i dont know about? and yeah honhon i think im gonna go with the drop in, I see no shame in that seeing how efficient the stock intake already is. I'm just trying to get passed that "stay stock" barrier and itll be all downhill from there. [hihi]

·
Registered
48 Posts
K&N has a CAI for it.. and i know focus sport has an exhaust for these 08's and newer.. also look into magnaflow.. they have one as well...

·
Registered
2,091 Posts
K&N only has a drop in and a short ram for the PZEV engines only. There is a sticky thread that gives all info.
Currently, there is not any CAIs for the 08s and 09s. All exhaust systems will fit that is for a 05-07 sedan. SVT rear disc conversions for the 05-07 will fit the 08 and 09 as well. All header types will fit if it is for a Duratec (non PZEV has two O2 bungs, I believe PZEV has three).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts