Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, so I found a 2.3 head with the "good" casting number. I am going to drop it off at the machine shop soon to get the head resurfaced and a valve job done.

As far as the swap goes I know it is pretty straight forward. The only question I'm have trouble finding info on is the pass side engine mount. I think I need a 2.3 mount, correct? Or can I make a shim for the 2.0 mount I have now?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
^I already have a Cossie manifold, so I'll just swap it over.

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Awesome^^^^

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So I found a shop that will do the head work for me. I still need to purchase the cam alignment tool (or unless someone has one I can borrow??) and a new head gasket. I've done a ton of searching and it seems that the a factory head gasket is the way to go.

I'm also sticking with the stock cams. I don't think its worth the money to buy a set of turbo spec cams for now. Maybe sometime later when I build the bottom end.

I'll prob buy a new timing chain, tensioner, and water pump since I'll have the head pulled off.

Anything I'm forgetting?

·
w/ my magic bag
29,468 Posts
Add a T-stat,,,,

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
^I found the head online complete with the valves, cams, etc for $200. I got in touch with Crower I may have another custom grind done on some cams for this build.

This is going to be a long term project. I'm currently trying to get the car to run. I did a spark test and I'm not getting spark across all 4 cylinders. I'm thinking the crankshaft position sensor is bad. Anyway, the car needs fixed, summer suspension installed, and good full weekend detail job done.

In the meantime, I'm going to start getting all the parts together I need for the head swap.

·
Registered
2,633 Posts
, badazz it's that sensor you unplugged when that one red sedan put 2.3l cams in his 2.0 and discovered that you do not need special 08-11 cams and any cam would work. I highly doubt it's that sensor as our cars will run with the sensor unplugged.

I could be wrong, I'll try and find the thread.

Here's his video
http://youtu.be/fkEsmXBTgD0

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^that's the cam sensor. This is the crank sensor down by the crank pulley that reads the 'teeth' on crank pulley

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Tom I have two cam position sensors, one crank position sensor, and the timing kit if you would like to borrow it.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts