DULL CLICK/POP NOISE FROM FRONT SUSPENSION WHEN TURNING
Some 2008 Focus vehicles may exhibit a dull click/pop noise when turning from the front suspension system contacting the inner splash shield during certain vehicle maneuvers. The most common maneuvers are:
^ Entering or exiting a driveway or parking lot approach that causes the front suspension to compress during sharp turns.
^ Driving over bumps, at slow speeds, with multiple passengers and turning sharply.
Trim the inner fender splash shields to prevent contact. Refer to the Service Procedure for details.
1. Inspect inner fender splash shield for witness marks in the areas indicated. (Figures 1 and 2)
2. Remove the inner fender splash shields following Workshop Manual (WSM), Section 501-02.
3. Mark the indicated area 13/32" X 7 7/8" (10 mm x 200 mm). (Figures 1 and 2)
4. Trim off marked section with a sharp utility knife. Trimming by other methods may result in a rough or jagged finished edge.
5. Install the inner fender splash shields following WSM, Section 501-02.
WARRANTY STATUS: Eligible Under Provisions Of New Vehicle Limited Warranty Coverage
IMPORTANT : Warranty coverage limits/policies are not altered by a TSB. Warranty coverage limits are determined by the identified causal part.
OPERATION DESCRIPTION TIME
080802A 2008 Focus: Trim Both 0.4 Hr.
Inner Fender Splash
Shields, Includes Time To
Remove And Install Splash
Shields (Do Not Use With
BASIC PART NO.
Hmm, thats interesting. That doesn't pertain to me though as I don't have the splash guards on my model. It's not while turning, more like when driving in a straight line down uneven pavement at low speeds. I'll do some further investigating, I really appreciate the help jake, rep added!