Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
There's another thread asking what problems owners have had with their 08's so far. A common comment, mine included, mentioned clearcoat/paint damage in front of the rear fender well. Mud flats were recommended to stop shooting crap back there from the front tire.

I ordered my "mud flaps" through the dealer and I'm happy with what I wound up with. They are not called "mud flaps", they are "splash guards". And you will not find these at Autozone.

These are custom made for the 08' and they are installed by simply popping out two existing plugs, line up the guard and push the plugs back in. The kit comes with two additional plugs, one for each side. Drill a hole, push that plug in and you're done. Took all of 10 minutes to put them on.

OK, they are not cheap. My salesman got the parts department to lower the price and they where still $50 bucks. To me though, a small price to stop any further damage to the clearcoat back there and I think they look better than generic mud flaps your going to find at the local auto parts store.

I just put them on last night so I can't comment on their effectiveness yet.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
They do fit nicely. In the top pic you can see that they are molded to follow the shape of the fender and rocker panel. Look underneath, they even fit over the - well whatever you want to call that piece sticking down - under there. Watch, now it won't rain so I can find out how effective they are!

·
Registered
3,560 Posts
not sure on sedan. but you could try rksport.com
i know they have coupe stuff. (maybe you could get a custon set of side skirts and the full lip kil)

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Will do. And it figures, I just checked the weather forecast and no rain in sight. But that won't last long. I'm in Western Washington (state) and if there's one thing we get around here it's rain.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well it's raining, but of course it is, I washed both cars yesterday! I should have thought of that sooner.

The splash guards appear to be doing their job. Actually as I did just was the car yesterday that works out better to see if any crap is getting back there. Looks clean now, I'll get a better look tonight when I get it home and out of the rain.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Yes, I do. In fact unless you are paying attention you forget they are there. They don't stand out like "mud" flaps would.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts