Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have an '08 4dr, and i tried to remove those (IMO) really tacky looking side badges, and found out that there are a couple alignment holes underneath it. since i didnt want to leave the badges off and see the holes, i just left them on. does anyone know how to get rid of the holes? new panels, filler and paint....ect...has anyone done this sucessfully?

·
coffee, have some
5,971 Posts
For the time being, you could get a couple plastic caps. Maybe find them at a hobby shop or hobby lobby, something like that. Or Home Depot or similar. I'll see if I can't find something.

Or take them off and color match them with paint?

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
I know, you either hate 'em or love 'em, but as the 08' is the only year that's got them I'm leaving mine alone.

However, if you're set on removing them I'd have to assume that filler, paint and clearcoat would do the job for you. I've also seen them left on but color matched and that looked pretty good. There's pics around FF somewhere from someone that did that.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks both....ha i still find them tacky and want to cap them or something but now bradwhite has me feeling guilty for wanting to remove them.....lol ive got an ethical issue on my hands now

·
Registered
838 Posts
I'm keeping mine.. i have plans w/ paint jobs and stuff in the distant future... oh boy my car will be sex. and the vents will attribute to it

·
Freeskiing Fanatic!
5,455 Posts
yea, paint em. other people on here have, and it looks good.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts