Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
newbie here with a question. i have an 08 SES sedan, auto trans, with about 3500 miles on it. only mod to date is the throttle body ground. i am considering a steeda intake and a trubendz exhaust. ive been practicing hypermiling and on a good day, have hit 40.8 mpg. it usually averages 33-39 mpg. just curious what kind of improvements i can expect or notice by adding the exhaust and intake. this car is my everyday ride, and i wont be stomping on the gas. thanx in advance.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i added a steed SRI and FS exhaust on my '08....and it seems like i got a 2-3 mpg boost on higway driving....but i drive different every day so its hard to tell. however, according to the computer, since ive added those upgrades ive been hitting 42 mpg on the highway pretty much all the time going 65 mph. but im not sure how much you can trust that reading.......idk how accurate it really is

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
well ull def get a lil more power outta the car, if you did decide to drive more lively, lol. But a few MPG will be gained. Will let your engine breathe a lil better.

·
Gal. 2:20
1,999 Posts
I accually got better MPG...w/ the exception of stopming the gas all the time. if I drive likr a normal human being then I got about 28-30 HWY and about 24city not bad IMO. that was just w/ exhaust and CAI though. Oh ya I had some stickers on it too. I herd they give you better MPG and more HP, the more stickers you got the faster you'll gooooo!!!!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
lol, ine does have a couple stickers on it already, and i was considering the "homer simpson speed holes" as well. it does sound like the combo will add a couple mpg with normal driving and have some "kick" if needed to assist in passing cars and merging onto the highway. thanx for the replies everybody.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts