Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
He's my best friend and today... well technically yesterday he bought a 2008 focus 2dr 2.0. We both have auto's. I have a volant, no exhaust or resongator, and a belt that bypasses the a/c. Who should win?

·
Registered
789 Posts
i would have to say you. all of the 2.0 motors, with the exception of the svt and spi, reguardless of zetec or dura make roughly the same power. so with you having mods and his is bone stock, you would have a slight advantage.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Another thing i just found out is he has much longer gearing. end of 1st is 45mph compared to my 38mph.

·
Late for Dinner
15,332 Posts
bad thing is your looking at engine numbers all wrong. they make approximately the same hp but the dura has more torque. also in 06 or 07 they redid the tranny with a different torque converter and better programming (drive one, you'll notice crisper shifting between gears and it's just firmer all around).
Even with your mods it would be a hard call, but I'd have to say the 08 would take yours.

·
Adam
1,688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I drove his car today and I noticed that it seemd like it almost had like a vtec. lol. at 20mph it felt like it had a 10hp/tq burst. His car does hurry along from 30 to 45.. The thing is his strong points are my weak points and my strong points are his weak points because of how the gearing is.

·
Registered
45 Posts
i me and my friend played with our cars one day i have an 07 with a FS cool flo svt 5 spokes and a lower motor mount, the 08 had enkei wheels. we are both 5spd. the 08s put down more power than an 07 and it is dyno proven. well the 08 took me but when he put on his 18in OZ RS Wheels, we tried again and i beat him.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts