Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well i have the SE and i dont have sync or the 6 disc, but i just found on ebay the whole unit for about 60 bucks. would i be able to just swap the headunit out or would the connections be different? It would be great to go from a single to a 6 disc i dont really need alot of power the stock sounds fine to me ! lol

any help would be great

·
Registered
69 Posts
I don't think it would be too much of a difference. I have a SE that is basically all stock except I have a 6disk changer in mine and made the dealership I bought it from give me the all weather floor rugs, haha.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
The stock head unit is just a gray steel box mounted behind the center stack face plate. You should be able to take the old unit out and stick the new one in, plug in the wires and be good to go.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
so the plugs ins(harness) and all that should match up ? like i wont need a extra one . and how do i take the face plate off so i can do the switch ?thanks for the help guys !

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
I'll have to look for the thread on changing out the head unit. I have replaced mine with a DD in dash dvd player and it only took about 1hr to do. There are 2 bolts at the top, you have to pull out the vents and there right there. Then you have to pull the plastic from both sides of the center stack, not all the way as you only have to get enough room to pull the bolts. There are 2 more at the bottom, you have to pull the top of the center console out to get to them.
Open your center console storage compartment, using a small flathead screw driver lift up on the silver plastic of the center console, till it pops loose, Make sure your hand brake is as far up as you can get it, and take the boot off of it and your shifter if needed. Again you dont need a lot of room just enough to get to the screws.

And the top Display will work just fine.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the only thing i wanted to change out was the cd player , not the bottom sync port or anything just the cd player, so since it has sync your saying it wont work ?

i just want the 6 disc feature lol

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
well i contacted ford and the tech said they couldnt tell me over the phone . idk why he just said there not allowed to do it , so if anyone has done it on here id appreciate it if ya could help

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
lol i just wanna be sure , i wonder if itll matter since i dont have the steering controls or the stock amp n sub. its just the se with single disc

·
Registered
302 Posts
well i contacted ford and the tech said they couldn't tell me over the phone . idk why he just said there not allowed to do it , so if anyone has done it on here id appreciate it if ya could help
That's what all Ford dealers say! what they mean is bring your car into the shop and for $300.00 we will change that out for you. You just have to learn dealership language and do the proper translation

1 - 13 of 13 Posts