Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well fellas i have a 03 zx3 2.3 . has a lunchbox delete in back smaller muffler put it place , anyway would i would i be able to swap any of it over to my 08 . id rather my 08 have it than my 2.3 since its mostly parked .

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
WHy dont you just do the same mod to the 08. You just need a saw and some pipe.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
lol well everything i have is at the shop i work at in my box and i just have some ratches and sockets so unbolting something wouldnt be too hard , i was just wondering because if theyd swap out id imagine it wouldnt take too long and would be freeeee =)

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
They cant swap it out per-say,thats why I recommend cutting the lunchbox on the 08

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
no . my 03 has a custom exhaust setup on it , my 08 is stock. i was wondering if i can transfer or (bolt on) any of the 03's custom setup to my 08

·
Registered
1,886 Posts
ahh i see. i think you can get the front resonator (if one is installed) to work maybe but i doubt the rest of the exhaust... or maybe it could if you have the time & patience... and of course money.

·
Registered
1,913 Posts
It will work, but you will have to extend the piping by like 3.5-4 inches.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
well it would work, but you could get an entire after-market setup for less then $300.
There are a lot of mixed feelings about Trubendz, but they do make a decient exhaust kit for our cars, I have been running there kit for the last 15,000 miles or so with no problems.
Again if your ever just hanging around in Vegas and want some help, I'm here along with the entire Focal Distortion crew to lend a hand.

Bob

·
Boosted HB.
1,698 Posts
I agree with all above statement. Just do the lunchbox delete. Its less than $20 to do and it makes a small difference. Buy a aftermarket system.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts