Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! A week ago the driver's door handle stopped working, when I pulled the handle I heard something break and fall inside the door. I've been reading online but can't find the replacement part. Do I need to replace the whole assembly? Thank you! [grinking]

·
Registered
4,491 Posts
Whether or not you need to replace something depends on what exactly it was that broke.

Was this pulling on the exterior door handle or the interior door pull?

Have you taken the door panel off to investigate?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was pulling the exterior door handle, I have not taken the door panel off, yet.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I Had the same thing happen to me last winter, It was the inside piece of the door handle. The plastic lever on it broke off and fell inside the door. I believe the part was about 50$ for the handle, If you have painted handles, dont worry that part is seperate. The dealer I went to said that was kind of a common problem in the winter on these so they knew exactly what I needed.

Edit: Mine also had no spring return after it happened, If you pulled the handle it stayed out.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Happened to mine to. The guy at the dealership said it would cost about 200 to fix with time, labor, and paint. Can I just buy this part and install it myself? Maybe I'll just remove the whole handle assembly and paint it a gunmetal color.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts