Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
well im at it again. thought id stay home tonight have a few brews on work on the focus. got tired of the plain stock silver wheels so i picked up some Dark gunmetal grey metallic paint and currently painting them. will post pics when done. so far they look 1000x better and go great with my red car and red calipers [grinking]

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
nice to see you made it back, I'm going to paint my grill soon, got a cool brushed look from sanding the chrome
Posted via FF Mobile

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well working on the 3rd right now. forget duplicolor wheel paint this stuff looks way better imo. im using rustoleums metallic paint. indoor/outdoor. the gloss the coverage is great. and yeah i havent been workin on my focuses lately ive been sick =(.

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
well heres a couple pics . the bigger pic of the whole car was taken at night so u cant see the color or metallic flake . but they sure do pop looks alot better.ill post a daytime pic asap. i know there just stock rims and some ppl wouldnt do this but for $10 bucks i think they look way better.

i did 2 light coats and 2 heavyy coats .took 2 cans for all 4 rims. still have some left in the 2nd can for the caps =)

i might end up doing my grill in this color also . not sure yet.

im in the process of painting the center caps today thats why there off . looks great though . probably gonna paint the mirror caps and handles red soon . anyone know if the chrome on the handles pops off like a cover or is it one big solid piece ?

·
Registered
2,230 Posts
Wow, those look REALLY nice. Especially from a rattle can. What type of paint did you use again?

·
Registered
508 Posts
BIG difference!!
LOOKS BOMBIN

did you sand it down?
if so what kinda sand paper

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i used rustoleum "metallic" it can be used for indoor /outdoor use. says"brilliant metal finish" on the can.

i didnt use sandpaper i used red scotch brite . works way better and faster to do .

use soap and water spray it and use scrotch brite .itll get all the oils and brake dust off easy.

need any more tips just let me know. im glad everyone else liked it i was iffy at first lol

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
Turned out great Joe!
someday we'll have to meet up so I can take a look at your car, I think this make you the 2nd person modifying there second gen FoFo in (around) the Las Vegas Valley!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah i know man hopefully soon

and thanks for all the comments guys ! like i said ill post a daytime pic soon!

anyone know about the door handles?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts