Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The squeek in my car is driving me crazy. Even the slightest movement starts the noise. I suspect rear shocks. Has anyone else encountered this? Don't look too hard to swap out, anything special I need to know? What kind of cost for parts?

·
DTC P0606
3,364 Posts
Doubt it's your shocks squeaking. Try sway bar end links (if you have a rear sway bar) or suspension arm bushings first. You can try to isolate the noise by spraying lubricant on the suspect part one location at a time and then seeing if the noise goes away.

·
Registered
146 Posts
The squeek in my car is driving me crazy. Even the slightest movement starts the noise. I suspect rear shocks. Has anyone else encountered this? Don't look too hard to swap out, anything special I need to know? What kind of cost for parts?
Did your focus come with a spare tire, or did you got the small air compressor? If you got the compressor it may be the foam that holds it in place making the noise. Mine did it at one time and then i took care of the problem.

·
Registered
258 Posts
Mid or rear squeak is often the e brake connection in the back. I had my car in for that same problem a while back, there was a TSB on the e brake cover.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was wondering if it might be one of the other suspension pieces. It's definately coming from the back and hard to tell but sounds like from both sides. I had the ebrake cable issue addressed and was good for a long time. They are still lubed so it seems to be elsewhere. I ruled out the spare because I took it right out and still same noise.

I will try the lube on the joints and see if it helps.

·
Registered
5,887 Posts
Hi ebrook,

If lubricating the joints doesn't help quiet the squeak, I suggest bringing it to your dealer for diagnosis, as it may still be covered under the warranty. [:)] Please let me know if I can help in any way.

~Natasha

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Car is an O8 with over 82,000km no extended warranty however if Ford is covering this on an extended basis that would be great as I love the car and brag about it alot. But the squeek sounds like an old baby buggy with the slightest (and I mean slightest) movement causing squeek. It's embrassing. I did have it in prior to expiry of the warranty back in March for this issue but the only TSB was to lube the area that the ebrake cable passes thru a bracket on each side. The noise is coming from more than one area of the rear suspension. Is there another TSB I can quote to the dealer?

·
Premium Member
455 Posts
i think the tsb was for a piece of foam to be wrapped around the area where the ebrake squeaks. i havent done it yet but i doubt it would be that hard to do at home if you have a jack and some stands.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks Mike but yeah that was already done by the dealer. I have checked and relubed these but still the noise persists.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts