Focus Fanatics Forum banner

21 - 40 of 67 Posts

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
wait, you bought an 08 without sync?! Thats like buying a bike without wheels! SYNC is what sold me on the new models.
Well yea, but at least now I have a hole to fill. Hmm, that doesn't sound right.

·
Registered
577 Posts
this doesnt mean people who bought ford sync cant possibly move the apim to another location... like say, the glove box if you never use it does it?

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
The passenger side airbag is located above and behind the APIM.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
So if and when the bag deploys.. it pops out from behind that panel that says FOCUS on it right?

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
I'm not sure, will have to do some more research, but I believe it actually comes out of the top of the dash where it reads "airbag". I'm thinking it forces the top of the dash up and comes at your face from above the area the reads "Focus". But again, I don't know for sure.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Man, that would suck if the airbag deployed and you got a face full of LCD screen or something! Better be sure it won't happen because you would probably end up on the nightly news...and not in a good way.

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
^ thats what I'm thinking
but if you had sync, do you get a face full of the sync component lol [paranoid]

·
Registered
202 Posts
APIM Forehead...the new 2008 Ford Focus condition of getting into a crash whilst in the passenger seat and permanently having APIM burned to your forehead backwards...lawlz!

·
Registered
109 Posts
I think Ford should have added a word that starts with P to the end of the APIM so that way you could have APIMP in your car....I would tell people all the time my car is A PIMP.....LOL

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Ignore the arrows, they're part of the removal instructions, but that is the APIM (inside the red). If you don't have Sync the APIM won't be there.

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
And regarding the question about where the passenger airbag deploys from, here's a pic of a Focus station wagon after the airbags deployed. Note the passenger airbag and busted windshield. I was reading another thread that also mentioned the passenger airbag busting the windshield.

NOTE: If you are driving a 2000/2001 Focus check the web and you'll find information on an issue with the airbags in those years.

·
I Nom Cones
2,599 Posts
wait, you bought an 08 without sync?! Thats like buying a bike without wheels! SYNC is what sold me on the new models.
hey now, i bought the 08 for the price point and performance possibilities, not for the extra weight of a sync system....and the fancy power locks/windows that are in cars nowadays..... and a trunk release lever inside the car..... :)

without the extra weight, my car vs. your car,(mods not accounted for) could beat your car!!!![race][spank]

·
Registered
109 Posts
You know thats the one thing that drives me nuts about my 2009 is the lack of an interior trunk release [rant]....I mean come on!!! But then again I wasn't getting my 09 without Sync because of how much I use my MP3 player.

·
I Nom Cones
2,599 Posts
yep, tell me about it...

"oh hello, you like how my subs sound?, and you want to see them?, let me open the trunk for you..."
*turn off car*
*get out*
*walk around*
*open trunk w/ key*
*get back in*
*turn on car*
"oh yeah"
[gunfire][gunfire][gunfire]
mabye brad can figure a way of installing a trunk release behind the dash plate, and you can just hit the front of it and the trunk would pop open.... all james bond and shit!!!!![gunfire]

·
Shiny Metal Titanium
3,647 Posts
no remote release on yours eh?
Why didn't you at least get the remote thingy they have

21 - 40 of 67 Posts