Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys as you know i have the 08 and havent seen very many with painted dash panels (side "focus" panel , headunit panel,console,gauges) and was wondering if anyone has the procedure for removing all these panels, is the airbag a worry on the passenger side ? anyone else paint there interior yet?

i plan on painting the panels vermillion red to match the outside .clear and wetsand of course =)[wrenchin]

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
The Airbag is on top of the dash on the Pass side, There is one screw toward the vent side that can be accessed from behind and above the glovebox, the rest of the panel can just be lightly pried up and off.
The Drivers side can be removed by taking the (2) screws out of the cluster above the the gauges, and lightly prying of the faceplate. The center panel is held on by (2) screws at the bottom behind the center console, and (2) screws on top behind the center vents.
I can show you if you need help and are in town this week (Vegas)

Bob

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks guys . ill post pics when i get around to it !. whatcha guys think about the matching panels ? i dont think itll be too much . opinions?

·
Registered
591 Posts
PSUrivie painted his flat black and I think it is very well done. I'm sure it can look amazing if you do it right(which it sounds like you are) So I say go for it! Make sure to post pics up.

This is PSU's for reference:

·
Registered
508 Posts
PSUrivie painted his flat black and I think it is very well done. I'm sure it can look amazing if you do it right(which it sounds like you are) So I say go for it! Make sure to post pics up.

This is PSU's for reference:
sick PIC

·
Registered
508 Posts
question about dash and resurfacing and painting...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

what kinda sand paper? and it needs to be wet sand paper?? do i need to sand it down?
what paint? and is their anything else i need inorder to complete this project??

thank you
-Derek

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts

·
Registered
591 Posts
question about dash and resurfacing and painting...

?????????????????????????????????????????????????

what kinda sand paper? and it needs to be wet sand paper?? do i need to sand it down?
what paint? and is their anything else i need inorder to complete this project??

thank you
-Derek
Waits for PSUrivie to chime in...

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
yes you should sand the panels . i would go with a 1000 grit wet/dry sandpaper and wetsand it with soap and water. very important to get the oils off of it considering its been touched by you and or armor all. and to get the dust and dirt from the "focus" panel id use a q tip.

im actually doing my panels today. i went out and bought the perfect match paint can so i wouldnt have to spray it with my gun . ill post pics by the end of the day !

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
well i finished my interior took bout 8 hours from beginning to end .
painted it with perfect match e4 paint. then cleared with krylon fusion plastic clear, bonds and builds really well. all rattle can. not perfect but pretty good .

any questions let me know

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
you want to do mine?

·
Registered
102 Posts
Came out pretty nice man! I did my dash a few months ago. It's kinda like tattoos though, once you paint one thing you keep finding new things you wanna do haha

·
Registered
1,249 Posts
I'd really like to do this on my '11 ... I think I might in the spring, actually.

The interior feels pretty good quality for a budget car. Except for the silver on the dash and around the cup holder. That screams cheap.

I'm a Jeep guy - we love bedliner. We even bedliner our bedliner. I think I might try bedliner to get the same texture as the rest of the dash.

·
Focal Distortion
2,332 Posts
lol that might work!

1 - 20 of 21 Posts