Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I wanted to add those LED city lights to my headlights but I don't want to go buy new headlights I want to use the ones on my '08. I can't find where to buy those LED things found in this thread:

http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=159361

Anyway if anyone can tell me where to get them and if I would even be able to mount them in my headlights I would appreciate it. Thanks!

[ffrocks]

·
Registered
666 Posts
what city lights? all i see is the turn signal, main bulb, and the side marker.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The LED's that are in sets of 4 that people put in their headlights under or over the regular headlights in a separate hole going out of the housing. Look at the link.

·
Registered
666 Posts
oh... i thought your 08 came with'em and mine didn't.. LOL.

·
Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
[histerical] lol I wish it would have come with them...it would make this whole thing much easier...seeing as how I wouldn't have to do it!

·
Registered
666 Posts
well.. ur' gonna have to remove your headlights...

i dont know if ours have to be baked in the oven.. or if they can just be cut and resealed with silicone....

all u need is a drill some wires, and a toggle switch ... but the LED's can be found almost anywhere... superbriteleds.com .... and autolumination.com come to mind..

·
Head Hurt
2,377 Posts
Oh, you're going to need to bake them, and well done at that. I just opened my 08 headlights this weekend. I was shy at first and tried the 200' for 10 - 15 minutes track. Total bi$%ch. The second headlight went into the oven at 300' for 20 minutes and I managed to get the lens 3/4 off before I put it back in for another 10 minutes to finish the job. No damage at all. Just shot nerves watching $252 bucks sit in the oven.

EDIT: Just realized that was you again Ender07 so you already know my cooking recipe from the other thread. You just have to work up the courage to stuff them in there. By the way the headlights are a lot easier to get out if you take off the grille first. The grille comes off really easy (at least on the Sedan), there are only 6 plastic expansion thingies (technical term) holding it on (4 on top, two inside on the bottom) plus two little places where it catches on the bumper (inside bottom also). Get that grille out of the way and the headlights just pop right out. With the grille in it can be a hassle to get them to let go.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts