Focus Fanatics Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Do any of you know where the foglight relay is on the 08's? It seems, according to my Owner's Manual, that I either don't have one (which I doubt)
or, they failed to identify it. I don't see why I can't do the same mod as on the 07's using the 2" wire to bypass the relay and put independent power to the foglights. Also, I was going to try the same thing on my Escape. Anyone know why this wouldn't work? Thanks for the input!
flip

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Bump

·
Registered
16 Posts
if you can find the relay than it will work, isnt there a picture for each relay? meaning that each realy is identified. turn the car on and the fogs and pull any relay with a "light" indentification, until the fog turn off.

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I think SVO2300cc and I agree that a 12V source (keyed), fuse tap, wire, and a switch are needed to wire the fogs so they can be turned on anytime (fogs only or, with parking
lights or, with lo or, hi beam lights). The '08's fog switch is a 3 position (off, w/parking
lights, or w/lo beams). I'm doing this on my Escape too but using the production switch-
it's simply on/off. Does anyone know what color the feed wire is at the switch? It's red/black on the Escape.
Thanks!
flip

·
Registered
351 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Come on guys, I'm electrically challenged but I know many of you aren't. Wire color of the switch power feed-probably from the headlight circuit. That's what the Escapes do.
Thanks!
flip

1 - 6 of 6 Posts